This site has been around a long time!!!wtf?

Inside joke, or glitch. My inbox says i have 65534 unread pm's, but only 314 total???

That is the year I was born. My member number was also way way lower before a reset was needed at one time. Maxdlx

Viper Dave member number 6.......... and I thought I was old being member number 34.........

I remember when it started out as just one of those string message boards and you had to scroll and scroll to read and keep up with it. They have sure come along way. I think there has been atleast 2 maybe 3 resets since then due to ungrades. TY.net and TY.com were kind of separate sites at one point. How long has Mr. SLED and this TY site been around?

I was #8 at one time if I remember right. Anyone else remember the crash days. Seems so long ago. Maxdlx

Used to browse the scrolling message board back in 2000, but I think it started before then. I remember turk, rules, and some others from back then.

Yes, I remember the ups and downs, etc.

Still an excellent site and hope Tom can continue to tolerate all of us enough to keep it going. I still don't see how he finds the time.

I remember the site from my first go around in sledding. Trying to get some life out of my o'l XT, it was a gas hog and a dog (and thats when it was new). They helped me then and still to this day. Thanks to ty my XT is still around and my daughter now enjoys it. CCC #395

Number one was the guy that help me set the board up and #2 was a bad account that I tried to merge and then I ended up being number 3.... it dont matter I will still be number one...LOL

The whole thing started as "norwegians snowmobile homepage". It was on geocities and I listed other yamaha owners. Then mr sled came along and then RKMAXX. For a while the boards we used anexa.com message boards. Then Mr sled started ty.com You can still see parts of the old page if you look at the front page and click the apex to see what sleds people own.

norwegian said:
The whole thing started as "norwegians snowmobile homepage". It was on geocities and I listed other yamaha owners. Then mr sled came along and then RKMAXX. For a while the boards we used anexa.com message boards. Then Mr sled started ty.com You can still see parts of the old page if you look at the front page and click the apex to see what sleds people own.

I will give you that Weg. The concept was started by you with featuring sleds and RKmaxx was the helper on the forums but life goes on. I was the brains behind the tech and the site going big with Yamaha :)

True true. Another thing; has the counter on the front page gone bananas? I mean 746 million visits?

Also, the sled feature should have been updated/brought back to life. It is there now but I doubt anyone ever sees it.

Last edited:
norwegian said:
True true. Another thing; has the counter on the front page gone bananas? I mean 746 million visits?

Also, the sled feature should have been updated/brought back to life. It is there now but I doubt anyone ever sees it.

Actually weg that counter should be more, TY.com gets over 30 million plus hits per month. As far as the features, no one has any interest in posting their sled when they have a profile on a forum that can have all the info they want... I have not added one in some time. Its like Face Book and MySpace...

naked porting bench, now that is an old reference. How about, ?mark aka srxextreem
I met three good friends on this board and never get to ride with them anymore,
Yamarocket, outlaw, and vmax7b. I even bought one of vmax johns first CDs.

little known fact, for about a year, I had over 100,000 posts.

Back