2011 sled rumors

seems Yamaha has to gear to the older riders as the younger ones cant afford their sleds!!! Well neither can I if they keep their prices up... Doo will take over if they get that 800 E-Tec on the market.... E-Tec motors are very reliable and great in the boat motors and proven in the doo's sled....

I imagine if they will have power steering,they can now go to a round steering wheel instead of handlebars.And while they are at it..put a foot gas pedal down below..no more thumb controls.You can now ride and steer just with 1 finger on the wheel.. COOL!!!! ;)! I know I would want cruise control on mine and a remote starter for sure. loll

bluemonster1 said:
I imagine if they will have power steering,they can now go to a round steering wheel instead of handlebars.And while they are at it..put a foot gas pedal down below..no more thumb controls.You can now ride and steer just with 1 finger on the wheel.. COOL!!!! ;)! I know I would want cruise control on mine and a remote starter for sure. loll

Don't forget about the optional 6 disk CD changer and built in navigation system.

New Blue on web...

Just saw the post & link from Snow.com, now its gone, this was a pretty comp article with details. This stuff is coming out alot of places, so how can TY take heat for people's interest?

bluemonster1 said:

Well you are going to need feet warmers also... I guess you might as well enclose the whole sled for ya Doug....lol.... :2strokes:

power steering?? damn thats gone a little to far! thats gonna make the sled heavyer and more expencive. nobody wants that!! bring on the stock supercharger yamaha so we can atleast catch up to the competition!

hmm, now that supercharged 4 cyl in a nytro xtx would be pretty sweet... still would be heavy, but I dont see em getting any lighter, maybe tweak out the 3 cyl a lil more and supercharge it... takes a lot more motor to make 4 stroke power than our old fashion 3 cyl 2 strokes...

Irode a nytro xtx today at our dealers demo days nice sled torquey but man does it dart around and seemed like a lot of play in the chaincase. I would be pretty sure that my 98 SSX 600 would give it a run for the money only had the xtx up to 80 something and i am sure my 600 2 stroke would keep up with it.

mtnmaxman600 said:
Irode a nytro xtx today at our dealers demo days nice sled torquey but man does it dart around and seemed like a lot of play in the chaincase. I would be pretty sure that my 98 SSX 600 would give it a run for the money only had the xtx up to 80 something and i am sure my 600 2 stroke would keep up with it.

its those yamaha special auto-dart skis, ditch em, C&A all the way.

I do think the power steering is all that bad. It will be great on a touring sled for the older folks. I will say that yamaha should try to keep there costs down, or I am not buying a new one!!!!! I would also like to see new model out there that brings out some more hp. The nytro is a great bump sled but it would be a lot more fun with another 20 ponies. And the apex is nice too but it is so heavy that its hard to ride in the rough stuff. I am a little disappointed so far, but I would take a yami over another brand any day!!!!!!

mtnmaxman600 said:

I have ridden a few fx nytros since they came out. Having basically the same sled as your sx600 twin, I can safely say that the nytro is a much better sled all around (unless you want a 2 up cruiser;). Granted the stock skis on the nytro are not the best, but a set of shaper bars on it fixed that issue from what I have personally experienced. Our yamahas in 97/98 didn't have any better skis from the factory;)

Shaper bars and 98 srx USI skis fixed my 600 twin yamaha's darting issues as well.

I think the nytro vs my xc600sp is a more fair fight, but 0-90 or so on the nytros is amazing. I know on the top end my xc has a lot more speed, but the 97 proaction I have has no chance against my xcsp. It has like 20 hp less than the xc, and it shows.

Last edited:
mtnmaxman600 said:

Not tryin to pick a fight but do you really think a 98 600 has any chance against a nytro? ZERO chance! still laughing at that one. Glad you got to ride a nytro but you really need to ride it for a day or more to appreciate it.

I was talking to a friend who owns a Yammy dealer, and he was saying they have a new chassis and sled coming out this or next year that will be 1400CC, he would not say Turbo or SC, but he did say it was well over 200 HP out of the crate. I tried to drill for more info, but that is all I could get.

wow man that would be SICKK 1400cc, new chassis and over 200hp :O:O that would be the biggest jump yamaha ever made. for some reason i cant see yamaha doing all that. If I had to guess... power steering will be the biggest thing for yamaha in 2011.

venture700 said:
wow man that would be SICKK 1400cc, new chassis and over 200hp :O:O that would be the biggest jump yamaha ever made. for some reason i cant see yamaha doing all that. If I had to guess... power steering will be the biggest thing for yamaha in 2011.

Well Febuary the 11th we will find out as that is the day it will be debuting. And he already mentioned a price tag in the range of $16K. You also have to remember Poolaris just came out with the RUSH's new suspension, so they may have gone this way????

and I get an email from Ski doo today saying for 2010 they are realesing a limited build E-tec 800 ;)! You bet your bottom dollar I will be riding one this month at a demo near me. As soon as the 600 E-tec came out everyone I heard at the demo wanted a 800 and now they can. Next Poo will come out with the 800 rush and we still only get a tweaked apex. Looks like I'll change my skid in my viper and keep my rev for now. :o| :o|

http://www.ski-doo.com/BRPHtml/SkiD...il&utm_content=en-us&utm_campaign=Newsletters

Does anyone know if they will have new sleds at cruisefest in minacqao wi.? or if they will have the new sleds at any demo rides? I am very anxious to check one of these out.

doc04viper-s said:
Does anyone know if they will have new sleds at cruisefest in minacqao wi.? or if they will have the new sleds at any demo rides? I am very anxious to check one of these out.

I have been to I think every cruiserfest that has happened. I may have missed one, but anyway, they have had every year at least 1 test mule that will be a model for nest year. I can pretty much bet that the whole fleet, if not at least a couple of these new sleds will be at the cruiserfest.

Seeing that a few folks have ridden these and been allowed to report on them, I am positive that they will have fully functioning new apexes ( or whatever they call it) at the demo rides.

In 08 at cruiserfest I was one of the very few to ride the 09 nytro XTX prototype. They wanted to know exactly what I thought of it, compared to the 08 nytro RTX and regular nytro. I would assume they would want the info again.

I got a feeling ALOT of people will be changing there brand of sled this year. yamaha is just not cutting it anymore. i love my mountain max and will have it forever but my next sled will be a cat or doo for sure :(

Back