2011 sled rumors

Wow..a new sled!!..great feedback!!..and a fire!!!...Guess
these news sled are literally smoking hot!!!..can't wait...

Well at Least Bunny was Okay! Couldn't live without watching ol Johnny Skeptical!

Kind of expected a Supercharged Apex. They did an update on the Monoshock last year, so I'll say in maybe 2 Years they'll have a new rear skid.

2011 Sled

2011apexfront-1.jpg

Sledsquatch said:
That seemed to smoke up like a two stroke, could there be a return of a srx? perhaps in the form of a 800?

Internal combustion motors, at least 4 strokes make water vapor better than they make power, just like if you had a car idling in a trailer when it is cold out.

So the amount of smoke won't indicate 2 or 4 stroke. Any new 2 stroke would have to be so clean that it would likely not smoke anymore than a 4 stroke.

That picture doesn't look any bit radical from what Yamaha has done already with the apex chassis. Now that black plastic piece sticking through the hood unlike an apex tells me it is a motor enhancement.

Last edited:
I just hope Yamaha can make a sled with a decent price. They do not have a decent mid price sled in the 7-8,000 thousand range. Ride a Yamaha pay over 10 grand. They should take some lessons from Ski-Doo

I hope this isn't the big one from Yamaha for 2011. :o| :o| A tweaked Apex. If poo comes out with a 800 rush and Doo let's out a 800 etec. Yami sales will drop. :o| I'll still hold out for a 150+HP nytro with good skis ;)!

don`t worry the price will be up there,and if you opt out for a turbo..$$$$$$$$.Sales probably will drop more in the years to come..reality..economics...peoples pocket books not as large as it used to be.I am keeping my 2 smokers for a long time.Maybe when I turned 65 years old..I may buy a Yamaha with electric start and reverse..lollllllll and 4 stroker...but probably will be in the area of $30,000 by that time.I`ll keep my 2002 SRX up to date for the next 15 years instead,and still beat all the new technology.....
woohaaaaaaaaaa!!! :2strokes: ;)!

OK, electric power steering on a snowmobile? Seriously, has anyone ever had trouble steering a sled before? Its not like the are hard to turn. This makes me sad for what may come to the sport. How lazy are we getting??????

that means more weight added to the sleds and more $$$$.Yamaha is going in the wrong direction.Need lighter and better gas mileage sleds.I can see doo as the #1 leader is sales all the way.Maybe Yamaha is gearing for the older riders and forgetting about the up and coming new and young riders.Going to see a little more Yellow out there I am guessing.When a sled is reaching what a price of a small car costs.. it's over. :o|

Back