2011 sled rumors

AC, Polaris, Ski Doo, Yamaha. Take them all, line them up, and put 10,000 miles on them. Then look at whats left standing, which one didn't fail, and how much you paid for the ones that did. You get what you pay for.

I am a true believer of that, my 01 has 11,000 mi and is still runs great, and after some lake runs its nice to say "pay up sucker"(cold ones)

same herei have a 97 sx 700 with 7000 miles on it never touched any thing under the hood at all and she still rips like crazy un like my buddy he has a 96 AC ZRT with 7000 miles on it too. he has put more hours working on the sled then riding it and he rebuilt it 2 years ago. :yam: thats what i care about quality and dependibilty yes comfort is nice to have but i would rather have a sled where you can jump on and ride all the time not worry if its goingt o start or run all the time.

Last edited:
Yamaha's are very well built for the most part. There are issues with yamahas just like other sleds. My 97 venture 600 has been pretty good, but a failed oil pump on it IMHO was inexcusable. The other issue is the headlight dimming and the handwarmers not working for the passenger most of the time. The seld sometimes won't start with the E start, but it will by recoil. That I think is only when it is not warm, so it may be a component. That said, my old 87 indy trail has like well over 15,000 miles and still runs like a top (original oil pump on this btw).

I have had more issues with the yamaha than any of the 3 polaris' I own, but I also ride the venture for more miles.

I have to say that I have helped out my neighbors and done fall tuneups for them the last few years. one has a pair of cats, 2002 570 touring and a 2003 600esr touring. I can honestly say that they run and drive pretty nice. when working on them though, they seem put together pretty poorly. the plastic clamps they use to hook on the fuel and oil lines is terrible, they leak all over the place and I can easily knock them off. but the drain for the chaincase being outside of the belly pan is great, no mess in there when changing. worked on other guys 94 storm recently and I must say I am pretty impressed with how well that thing is bolted together. seems pretty well made, I can see why you see them around with a lot of miles on them. but the yamahas still seem a notch above the others as far as how well things are fastened together and the fit and finish of everything. always wanted an old Polaris as a project, now I am pretty confident I would like it :)

Back