Pricing question - Free Air parts

Classic SRX

Gentlemen,

I’m looking for some advice. I have some old Yamaha Free Air parts (’73-’75) that I have agreed to sell to a guy, but I’m not exactly sure of their value. I don’t want to leave a bunch of money on the table, but at the same time, I don’t want to ask some unreasonable price. I’ll list what I’ve got, and hopefully you guys can put me in the ball park!

1 pair 433 cylinders, cast “RE” behind the intake flange, good chrome, polished ports (not ported though)

Single 433 cylinder, cast “RD” behind the intake flange, chrome flaking, ports untouched

Single 338 cylinder, cast “Xb” on side, chrome flaking, ports untouched, I think this one has one broken fin

Single 338 cylinder, cast “Xa” on side, unsure of condition

1 pair of 433 heads, one has some pitting in CC, other is clean, both have good plug threads

1 set of mechanical fuel injection components (2 pumps, 2 injectors)

1 secondary clutch for GPX, sheave faces probably 9/10, buttons worn

I have been told the “RE” and “RD” cylinders were certainly race parts – not standard on the GPX (or Thunder Jet – what all this stuff was collected for), and I know the fuel injection set-up is definitely for the race sleds, so this stuff should certainly fetch a good price. The rest is all pretty standard. Anyone have any estimates?

Thanks a lot,

Angus

PS – all parts used – no NOS

Back