97 mm front transfer bar

zigzag

I disconnected the bar between the trailing arms too see if differnt feel for carving could be achevied i think i like it off any of you cut these off likes or dislike info before i cut it off would be appreciated thanks zigzag

i prefer them off for mountain riding, and have removed several. on the bulkhead you will see a bracket with four rivets where the stabilizer bar passes through. behind the bracket are two plastic pieces that hold the bar. when the bar is removed, a void is left. i always make a cap for this hole to keep snow from entering. simply remove the four rivets, bracket and plastic, use the bracket for a template, and make a cover for the hole, riveting it back on. i have made the covers from both aluminum and plexiglass.

three out of four rivets per side are easy to remove. the fourth, well, you will see. a sharp chisel will be your friend. if you want to see how it feels before hacking it out, just unbolt the dogbone on one side to "un-couple" the front and give it a ride.

Best info I've received on this subject in different threads is using a cut-off wheel. 10 seconds per side, plug the holes and you're done.

Thank you all for your input it took about 45 seconds with a cut off wheel and a little tug it came right out little silicone on the holes much easier to pull to side to side on one ski carving is 75-80 % easier thanks again

Back