I did it..Sorry

Zachalyse

Just couldn't do the 4 stroke thing. I still have a couple Yamis. Just not my daily rider anymore.

Attachments

• DSCN0156.JPG
    DSCN0156.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 27

yep,I heard a lot of the 800's going down to..jetting issue's.I know of 1 guy who burnt down his motor 3 times and on warranty.He fought with Skidoo and even went down to head office to complain.He told them they were nuts,jetting is on the edge for the most power until he hit the cold temps.And he wasn't going to re-jet himself because it was Doo's fault and under warranty.But he was pissed to say the least and not buying another Doo last I heard.

It is a crap shoot for sure.. And engine dependability is my biggest concern. There may be 30% problems on the pole but that means there's 70% who that are fine.

I've read the bad and just as many 3k plus happy owners. I'll get the extended warranty and have already looked into the jetting issue.

Had to give it a shot. Recent back surgery warranted a change to try and salvage many more years of riding. I need a sled that, if I got stuck, I could get it out without putting myself back in the ER.

We shall see. Might just hang onto the SRX for a bit.

Ill be going to the new lighter 800 2-strokes (polaris, cat or doo) when I get my next sled too. not a fan of the 4 strokes for ALOT of reasons. why cant yamaha build a light weight 2-stroke 800 like all the other brands :( :( (i guess i can keep dreaming)without a turbo the new yamaha's are useless!!!! Ill keep the old mountain max forever to remind me when yamahas were the best :P

All I can say is wait for Yamaha's 2012, I've heard some things that it'll be something to wait for.

Zachalyse said:
Just couldn't do the 4 stroke thing. I still have a couple Yamis. Just not my daily rider anymore.

Don't be sad, I wouldn't do the 4 stroke thing either.

yami did a really good job on the 2010 nytro they do very well in climbing and am very impressed with them and yes i,m a 2 stroke nut allso but i give yami a heads up on this sled. u need 2 put a challanger extreme track on them which improves them from what they are now. yes they are a little heavier but once u get use 2 the sled its all good. right now it looks like the new cat 800 motor is holding up and they work very well in the deep snow. i would not touch a doo 800 with a 10 foot pole, motor problems crank issues. polaris can,t buil a engine 2 date yet but we have hope for them. i must say i will take the four stroke realibility and dependable i like riding not fixing junk. ive rooled mine up side down running till it shuts off , ive rolled it down the hills a half dozen times with out any damage, and i can take a huge jump and not snap the chassi in half or bend it. i weigh 240 lbs with out gear. my friend bent the bulk head on the new 800 doo last winter from jumping it. so he traded on a yami turboed 2005 rx1 and loves the sled weight is not even a factor my 2 cents

SXlover said:
All I can say is wait for Yamaha's 2012, I've heard some things that it'll be something to wait for.

ahhh,,how many times have I heard the "wait til next year comments"?

In my opinion Yamaha hasn't blown anyone's socks off since the '98 SRX was introduced.

If they would just for once address the weight instead of finding ways to make the sled "feel" lighter, they would satisfy a sh!t load of us Yami fans. Not saying I won't be back, but it will take something amazing to do it.

extremelyfastmax4 said:
yami did a really good job on the 2010 nytro they do very well in climbing and am very impressed with them and yes i,m a 2 stroke nut allso but i give yami a heads up on this sled. u need 2 put a challanger extreme track on them which improves them from what they are now. yes they are a little heavier but once u get use 2 the sled its all good. right now it looks like the new cat 800 motor is holding up and they work very well in the deep snow. i would not touch a doo 800 with a 10 foot pole, motor problems crank issues. polaris can,t buil a engine 2 date yet but we have hope for them. i must say i will take the four stroke realibility and dependable i like riding not fixing junk. ive rooled mine up side down running till it shuts off , ive rolled it down the hills a half dozen times with out any damage, and i can take a huge jump and not snap the chassi in half or bend it. i weigh 240 lbs with out gear. my friend bent the bulk head on the new 800 doo last winter from jumping it. so he traded on a yami turboed 2005 rx1 and loves the sled weight is not even a factor my 2 cents

I have 4 friends with Doo 800's with miles up to 4000. Not one of them has had an issue. Hope I'm not the one to have the problems. :o|

my only experience with actually riding a doo was back in 78.Had a 78- 440 TNT and had a 78- 440 Exciter.The exciter you could do anything with it and it just kept on going.The TNT ended up blowing the chaincase(what a mess) and eventually blowing the motor.From that day on I said never will I ever purchase from Doo anymore.Stuck with Yami and all is great.My mechanic friend down the road has an 800 gade and first year he put tons of miles on with little problems occuring.Not sure about last season,didn't get to ride with him and his doo buds at all.Good luck and keep us informed how it does.

bluemonster1 said:
my only experience with actually riding a doo was back in 78.Had a 78- 440 TNT and had a 78- 440 Exciter.The exciter you could do anything with it and it just kept on going.The TNT ended up blowing the chaincase(what a mess) and eventually blowing the motor.From that day on I said never will I ever purchase from Doo anymore.Stuck with Yami and all is great.My mechanic friend down the road has an 800 gade and first year he put tons of miles on with little problems occuring.Not sure about last season,didn't get to ride with him and his doo buds at all.Good luck and keep us informed how it does.

You had a bad experience with Doo. I was just the opposite. My dad raised me on Doos. 70's Olympics, TNT's, Everests, mxz's, SS25. Must have gone through a dozen in my early years. He continued to ride them until about 5 years ago. I don't ever remember him working on them or having a problem with them once. And, as a teen I use to beat the piss out of them!! ;)! We did have an 82 Excell III that was my favorite sled, mostly because it was so small, fast and easy to whip around on the trails. She died when she got in a fight with a 20" pine.

My first sled after college was an MXZ 583. Ran it for 3 years straight and couldn't kill it. Bought a 98 SRX and fell in love!!! Strayed once when I tried the new REV in '04. Went right back to that sweet tripple and never looked back.

We shall see how long this venture lasts.

Ah yes,I had an Olympic also as my beginner sled.That sled used to plow snow in the bush pretty bad and always overheated...lol.But at least it didn't break down.

I love my 600 and want to go with the 800. Problem is I want to give the rev 600 to my kid and I just can't sell my viper. There is something about that viper that I love it but then again I hate it all at the same time, lol :o|

Ski Doo's Dependability!!

Got a buddy in my area that wrenches full time on sleds.

He loves Ski Doo's & hates Yammies....

Wanna know why.....he has LOTS of business with the "Doo's".

It is unbelievable the stuff he has told me that has failed on those Doo's!!

But, I do understand the reasons to go Doo, just trade every year before the miles get up there!! ;)!

Damn Yammies dont fall apart....that kinda sucks huh??
When was the last time you heard of a Doo with 7-8,000 miles on the
original motor-chain case etc.? I never have.

But, I have run a few Phazers-Exciters & Vmax's
past the 8,000 mile mark with ZERO done to the motor-chaincase etc. Just normal PM work. Yep, they might not be the lightest or the fastest, but gotta love the dependability.

Hope ya got the 1 out of 5 that hangs in there, or whatever the ratio is!!
Good luck with the Doo!!

nice sled, if you don't like the 4 strokes, its the only way to go. myself, i'll never own another 2 stroke. trying to get rid of my last 2 stroke right now. but that is just me. enjoy, should be fun boondocking ;)!

i just bought my first 2005 rx1 had it out twice before i put it away not sure what to think yet.I really loved my sx 700 it was an overachiver sort of dissapointed with the rx1

if you take care of the doo's they will be fine. A lot of the guys riding doo's are the rich ,no clue ,I gotta do something cool for a hot chick to look at me guys and blow them up. Proper maintenance and storage and your doo will be fine. ;)!

stretchSXV said:
if you take care of the doo's they will be fine. A lot of the guys riding doo's are the rich ,no clue ,I gotta do something cool for a hot chick to look at me guys and blow them up. Proper maintenance and storage and your doo will be fine. ;)!

I think that goes for anything. Thats why most of us here have sleds that last for a lifetime. IMO. CCC ;)!

it does not matter how u look at it the facts are in yami leads in all the important categories 6 of them u need 2 know what they are. our local yami dealer has yet 2 ever have a 4 stroke apart for engine repairs and ur high strung 2 stroke will not get 10,000 km with out comming apart if the ultra light chassi doe,ent break in half or bend from a jump. lighter is not better. why do u think yami has not gone 2 the extreme on lighter is better well u do not have reliability. why would u give 10,000 doallers 2 a sled that u can fold in half or bend the baulk head. in comparrison the 4 stroke is a superior engine period. AL

Back