Best lake runner

orchie18

Just though i would start a off season debate. I am looking to find a good platform for a fast lake runner. I have my sx which i have upgraded the suspension and love to ride but falls short of my buddies zr800.gonna keep it for my trailsled. well now hes bought a 03 zr900. so i need to find a lake runner that will give him a run. whats the best 2stroke sled for a lake runner. SRX Vmax4 Viper...

Yeah thats where im leaning...but those heavy old vmax4s can imbarrass a few newer sleds...so i have been told by a vmax4 owner lol

Vmax4. Both the Vmax800 and ZR900 are said to be 150 horse sleds. Look for a 95 or 96. Find yourself a set of PSI quads then talk to Yammigod about clutch set up.

Or you could have Quadzillaracer build you a turbo Vmax4 with i believe a trailable 250 horse.

Second i would choose a SRX as parts and mods will be easier to find.

find a used set of bender triple pipes for the sx. that will add around 25 h.p.. if that's still not enough send the cylinders to bender for trail porting. the sx is a very light & potent pkg. when modified correctly.
bob

bufalobob said:
find a used set of bender triple pipes for the sx. that will add around 25 h.p.. if that's still not enough send the cylinders to bender for trail porting. the sx is a very light & potent pkg. when modified correctly.
bob

good points. If you keep the SX get the long travel suspension out of there though. I have also seen a stout SX from a member on here that had CPR triples on it.

if you have used sxr or viper shocks to upgrade the suspension you will not notice a loss in top speed. both have a lot of sit-in.
bob

quadzilla racer vmax4 turboed is over 400hp for trail riding as i was going 2 have one built but decided that i,d like 2 live a few more years lol so decided against that, AL

great responses...i will probably keep the sx the way it is. it is plenty fast for the trails and the rx1 skid is amazing compared to the short travel...never go back. loving the srx but....bang for buck....can pick up a vmax 4 for 1000 bucks this time of year

go with the v4 and watch the faces of everyone that you pass it's priceless..lol... they all think big heavy and slow. show your buds what men ride..

Robs96max4 said:
go with the v4 and watch the faces of everyone that you pass it's priceless..lol... they all think big heavy and slow. show your buds what men ride..

Ditto!!!

Throw some (go fast) money into an SRX and have fun if you want to be like all the other kids on the block. They are a great sled but fast SRX's are common.

OR get the ANIMAL!! of all animals a Vmax-4.

No need to spend a ton on it just go to Vmax-4.com, learn what makes them tick, get it dialed and go on your search for victims. You will find many and when you do most (youngins especially) will not even know what they were hit with.

Then there's the sound, ooohhh the sound. Give a tug on the rope of a Vmax-4 in a crowd and watch the heads turn. With an aftermarket silencer on stock twins or (better yet) quads, you will have hair rising on the back of necks all around you and when you squeeze the trigger you will disappear with your exitement leaving them wanting.

Been there, done that,
opsled

Last edited:
Hey Orchie, point me in the direction of that zr900. If you want you can borrow my sled for a lake rip or two! I have a couple vmax-4's that are hot to trot. Oh btw there is an SRX in maine for $995 bucks. A '99 and it looks decent. There is also a '92 vmax 750 for 1000, you must have seen that one. If you find an 800 around here and buy it I will be very jealous, you would be wise to lock it up.

yeah theres some sweet deals right now ken we should go pick up a few in a month or so....haha i knew you would pick up on this post lol

I am game, still waiting for just that right one though. I had my eyes on a '95 800, I hope its still around by the time we can take a trip down.

YAMMIEGOD3:16 said:
PHIL, I FEEL LIKE I JUST RED A SALES BROCHURE FOR THE VMAX 4. lol. 3:16 (yammie tony)

As advertized!!! Tony (You Know it better than I)

I just wish they would hire me. I'd kick Johnny Skeptical in the balls. T'is easy selling the truth and these old bones could use a rest. I was born with a wrench in one hand and my brain in the other. I've dropped them both many times over the years and have learned from it every time. I can't believe the advertising that goes on today and have NO CLUE!! how most of these clowns get paid or why anyone would want to pay them.

Bottom line is if you want to be a local, talked about, stand out in a crowd, MAN!!! to be reckoned with on the lake, Dial up an old Vmax-4. Let it do the talking. Just grab on and be COOOOOL....

opsled

Back