Drag sled build up

Well took it out for the first time with timers this yr. I did not like the hole shot but it would run 87-91mph in 660 at 7.4. Need to get out of the hole better and should improve numbers. NEED TO MAKE MORE POWER after I get the hook up prob figured out.

What do i need to do to make skidon't 38mm carbs work with stock air box? Just need to find boots the work. Any if would be great.

Well got my engine back started putting it back together. Need piston rings to finish it. (Been ordered) Taking heat exchanges out what should I use for braces to help with running boards?

It really dose not loose much wight. Hell may as well have reliably. More fun even if its not a winner.

if you take off the coolers, re rivet a peice of aluminum angle to tunnel fold to keep the boards from bending so easily. You also have to get into the habit of not stepping on the edge of them just throw your leg over the seat like a bike before getting on it.

Just made some anti stab wheels and got the alum cut for the rear tunnel en closer. Need to find 2 more polaris skid wheels

you have to post pics in a build journal or "it didnt happen"........lol :rulez: ;)! :2strokes:

Got skid in today. Picked up another clutch better shape than what i had on it. Has a speed sleeve on it. Gonna take it off and try to sell. Still no camera to take pics yet. Rings are on way so hope to get running by next week.

Well it runs in need of set of 50 pilots asap. I am gonna try to get pics off my phone and post the work.

Thanks Jeff I ended up getting some from Wittermores. Going out to do some testing this weekend. Hope to find a camera to get some vids for you guys.

Well made it to the ice today. Had a set of timers had to take weight out after first run do to under rpmmade a pull laid up off line had to back out half track to keep from taking out timer. Ran a 7.2 but last pull thing blew coolant out over flow. I don't know if its bad head gasket. I need to get clicker notch to help lay up off line. But now seams to be running on 2 cyc. The frustation begins.

Took sled out for sec time has 6 passes on ported engine. I can not keep anti freeze in it bad head gasket. To much more bs I am gonna part sled out.

are you cooling it down or are you just making pass after pass and overheating it? you can warp the head if you over heat it and it wont seal up until its milled flat again.

one other thing I have seen is to check to see if the water is circulating at idle, check and see, could be the brass gear on crank is slipping and this will surely overheat it real quick...

Last edited:

Back