Drag sled build up

00sxrjoe

I have decided to build a 98 sx 700 red head ice drag sled. I had a good chassis with just over 5k with no motor. I found a wreak 2000 sxr 700 with a good motor had pipes. I have a set of hauck pipes on my trail sled seeing that the pipes are trashed on the wreak. I also have a HC drag & fly weights. Will post sum pics shortly. Any one care to offer any setup input would be great.

Donor Sled

Donor pipes are FKD

Attachments

• Snowmobiles 006.jpg
    Snowmobiles 006.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Snowmobiles 007.jpg
    Snowmobiles 007.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Snowmobiles 008.jpg
    Snowmobiles 008.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 38
Its new home

Here is its new home

Attachments

• Snowmobiles 005.jpg
    Snowmobiles 005.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Snowmobiles 009.jpg
    Snowmobiles 009.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 31
My yamaha Yard

Here is my yami yard Black one on left is wifes 99 V-max 700 The 98 SRX on right by my boy is my buddy's that sled all most killed him in FEB now have to fix it back up. The donor and the red SX then there is a SRX chassis way over need hood of it for my buddy's wreaked SRX. Then the two on trailer SXR 700 00 is my trail sled Red sx 700 97 is my cousins. As you can see we love our Yamis

YAMI
:rulez:

Attachments

• Snowmobiles 012.jpg
    Snowmobiles 012.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 42
  • Snowmobiles 010.jpg
    Snowmobiles 010.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 58
No there summer home is out side I do not have room enough to put them in wish I did. I try to keep them covered up.

Try finding an old box from a wrecked truck. Unbolt it from the frame and set in on blocks. Makes a great storage facility, and it looks like you have the room for it.

Got started on the project sled on sunday. Got motor sent in got rear bent motor mount over oil pump to fix. Changed out wiring harness because the other one was taken out. Will post sum pic soon.

Pics and Updates

I painted a low windy. I have had to beat and pound on the rear motor mount. I need to find some skis and I need a damn o meter cable. Hope to have is going in a week or so.

Pics and Updates

Here are the pics

Attachments

• 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 45
Turk said:
Series 2 of American pickers
What american pickers have to do wit any thing??

But any way now I need to find sum 8ca weights to set my clutch up. Have sum odd and ends to finish up. Still need to find a damn o meter cable. And Yellow or red ski loops.

Hope to get out and do sum grass/slush drag'en this weekend. Will have to see how close I have the clutches. Hope to have a buddy show up that has a radar gun.

Well time has come to play. I got my hauck pipes on. Got to jet it up some. I have a track i shaved all the lugs off and am going to run 96 woodys gold diggers 1'' in for now then mix with some chisels. I have a 8ca set up with 15.6mm rollors hauck org and a 51/43 helix green spring. Running 22/40 gearing. Should i strap it down? I have hot rods on it. Wanna do some heads up drags and 1000ft radar runs. The motor is all stock exc for pipes and reed spacers. Going to run some 93 (if I can find some good gas) Any tips any one care to share would be great.

Fall of 2011

Time to dig out and clean up and do some more mods. Plus a few more pics of it. Have a 9811 camoplast coming and light weight brake rotor to install.

Attachments

• DSCN1980.JPG
    DSCN1980.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 2011drags.jpg
    2011drags.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 23
Dug sled out last night started cleaning up. Got my track this week. I wanna get some quick pixx for it. I found some close outs on aaen hope they are push through no t-nuts. Think I am going to wrap my pipes this yr. I will strap it down this yr to. Wanna have Don port it. I need to take all the unneeded weight off it to get it down. Any pointers you guy have to take weight off sled hit me up please. What do i need to do to run no air box? Or would I be best to run a gutted air box?

Last edited:

Back