TY Vmax Vintage Build Stage 7

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
It been slow going as I have been pressed for time. I added some of the front panels and braces and will be doing more in the next few weeks in preparation for a big push for completion before Hay Days.

Attachments

• stage7 (1).JPG
    stage7 (1).JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 206
  • stage7 (2).JPG
    stage7 (2).JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 178
  • stage7 (3).JPG
    stage7 (3).JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 223
  • stage7 (4).JPG
    stage7 (4).JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 208
  • stage7 (5).JPG
    stage7 (5).JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 205

Few more along with a few pics of templates being made for the graphics.

Attachments

• template (8).JPG
    template (8).JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 182
  • template (6).JPG
    template (6).JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 171
  • template (5).JPG
    template (5).JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 181
  • stage7 (6).JPG
    stage7 (6).JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 202
  • stage7 (7).JPG
    stage7 (7).JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 225
I am absolutely loving this. Is there any chance you would be willing to sell a "build list" for what parts you used and any kind of suspension mounting dimensions that you have done? Seriously, i have wanted to do something like this for a while now.

That thing is gorgeous. I cant wipe the smile from my face....

Thanks,
Speed

ya thats going 2 be a real nice riding sled and it will be quick, like the job ur doing. its reminding me 2 get my butt going on my 93 exciter st as i got a 660 psi engine for it and plastic skis up front, 8 inch extraverts and boss light weight seat, long track it out 2 151. that motor makes 124 hp with the psi pipe twin stingers AL

I got a pretty strong mod motor for that sled. Its sitting in my vmax540 oval race sled right now. $700 and i'll take it out and ship it right to your door!

montynormand said:
I got a pretty strong mod motor for that sled. Its sitting in my vmax540 oval race sled right now. $700 and i'll take it out and ship it right to your door!

I have to many motors and to many sleds... I just cant see another $700 into it, but thanks for the offer.

montynormand said:
One, never has enough motors or sleds!!!!

So why are you selling???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Monty.

:D:DP ;) :mrgreen: opsled

MrSled said:
one does have not enough money tho...

May I ask? What are the plans for power??

I mean, "tits" is the word so far from my perspective on your build but eventually we must fill that void under the hood. Sooooo.

opsled

It will have a stock motor, just will look way better then stock :) Maybe in time as I learn more about them I will push it for more power.

Phil
I am selling my '73 SR292 and Vmax540 oval racers inorder to fund my '98 SRX600 oval race project.
Trust me....... If I could keep them all, I certainly would !

montynormand said:
Phil
I am selling my '73 SR292 and Vmax540 oval racers inorder to fund my '98 SRX600 oval race project.
Trust me....... If I could keep them all, I certainly would !

I knew that Monty. Your comment of "one never having enough" coming from "one trying to get rid of" struck my funnybone hard!!! Just thought I would throw you a jab to show my appreciation.

Anywho, If I had some extra cash that Vmax of yours would be running the river in SE WI this year. That's one nice sled and well worth the money in my opinion. It is way early in the season to be getting proper value for anything related to snow but you may also think about selling your sled as having drag race potential. There are a lot more guys into draging than ovaling and it could broaden your market.

Good Luck, Phil (opsled)

PS. Mr Sled. Didn't mean to step on your thread with this BS.

BTW, For other options. 570 and 600 twins should be a very easy bolt in to the 540 chassie so keep your eyes pealed as I have found the best deals come when your really not looking.

Back