TY Vmax Vintage Build Stage 11

TYGiveaway2011027.jpg

I got a picture of it up in Munising last weekend, that thing is Sweet!

MrSled said:
more final Pics of sled out side!!
Looking real good! I have an 81 srx which was the model for the old style v-max. Yammie got such a bad reputation from the terrible cranks on that 81-440 c.c. that they stopped making them. No real performance sled in 82 then in 83 came out with the 1st v-max ( a carbon copy of the 81 srx but with a reworked 540 engine) I changed out the bad 81-440 engine for an 80- 440 done up to factory mod specs for the old srx's and she dangles! Too bad it's not as light as the older srx's though

MrSled said:
Thanks guys... just need to get her to scream now :)
It will scream for you-just remember the three rules for going fast...clutching, clutching and CLUTCHING!!! Throw away the old v-max clutch and build a comet 102 c. they bolt right on and there are so many ways to play with them!

After seeing your vmax I have the fever to go that route vs. another Exciter or phazer. I seem to have overlooked the cool factor of that vintage vmax. Love to see a vintage sled looking like that, thanks for posting pics nice work. Where did you get the cool foot rests? I need those. Thanks.

Back