Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Yamaha Enticer 250 Carb Change

Senior Member Stock

BY, curious what main jet you used and main nozzle?

Senior Member Improved

I used the VM34-389 Like the one listed on Dennis Kirk as their # 1655. I had to get mine from Summit Racing since Dennis Kirk was out of them. They were cheaper anyway. I only changed the main and pilot to 230 & 35 going with the richer settings in the earlier posts to be safe to begin with. Once I encounter some cooler temps and do some more testing I may consider dropping a little leaner.

I may try this "Going to order a O-0 tube and 6DH4 needle here pretty soon and she should be about done." which was listed on page 6 later. It seems like it had a good outcome. I have raised my engagement and dropped my gearing one tooth so I am not running in the very low rpm range much. This setup adjustment may make it so some of these smaller jetting changes don't effect me as much as some. Below is the current jetting in the 250.

Main Jet: 230
    Pilot Jet: 35
    Air Jet: 0.5
    Needle Jet: 159 Q-2
    Jet Needle: 6DH2
    Throttle Slide: 2.5

Senior Member Open Mod

You would think as many times as this has been done and as many people that are out there saying how great this swap is that there would be a standard formula of what works but as always it's all over the map.

A guy on FB the other day was pulling his hair out over this. Had been through his carb multiple times. Finally after M-effing Yamaha and their junk carb he tossed it and the oil injection in the trash and went V roundslide because all the ET Larry followers told him to. Guess what,,,, same schnitt.

I asked him if he ever checked the crank seals. After I got chastised by the crank seal police about how then never go bad and I'm an idiot the guy checked them out and low and behold!!!!!!! His PTO crank seal was TOAST!!

These sleds ALL ran perfect when they were new with the parts they came with. Don't know why anyone would assume they are junk.

opsled
    I reserve the right to change my mind if someone can prove to me it needs replacing.

Senior Member Stock

opsled, correct. The stock carb works fine, no reason to replace and lose the oil injection. And I agree on changing crank seals. These sleds are FORTY years old!
    However, there were some sleds that ran terrible with the stock carb, like the butterfly carbs on stock 1980 SRX 440 for example.

Senior Member Stock

I would think a Q-2 would be rich for this engine and agree that an 0 series will be better. The best way to find the right setup would be to use an oxygen sensor in the exhaust.

Senior Member Open Mod

Quote Originally Posted by 74Nitro View Post
    opsled, correct. The stock carb works fine, no reason to replace and lose the oil injection. And I agree on changing crank seals. These sleds are FORTY years old!
    However, there were some sleds that ran terrible with the stock carb, like the butterfly carbs on stock 1980 SRX 440 for example.
    There were other factors on the 80 SRX too. Many changes were made on an engine who's base in design was much different than Enticers. ET's and others were using butterflies for years without issue. There was never and recall or any other factory updates the correct problems with any Enticer carb as far as I know. Not so with other sleds that did have issues.

opsled
    I reserve the right to change my mind if someone can prove to me it needs replacing.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213