Build your own Yamaha sled

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
If you could choose bits and pieces from any sled to build what you would consider the best for what ever application you like,ie mountain,trail,lake racer whatever,what would your ride look like?
Personally I'd go with something like this:
light weight chassis like the V Max but rider forward like the Apex
triple triple fuel injected 2 stroke power putting out about 180 hp
128" mono shock skid
dual runner skis for bite
1 1/4 track
Boss high rise seat for comfort
Wide bars for leverage
new style gauges like the Apex

The application I'd be using it in is mostly trail carver with the odd lake blast thrown in;now I know that people will say "that's kind of what the Apex is supposed to be isn't it?" Well this little exercise isn't about what Yamaha has in the lineup right now it's what you would build given the resources.Boomer has built a couple of very desirable and extremely well done sleds especially the SRX,for my taste,now what would you build?

a nytro rtx stretched to 136" 1.5 ripsaw, Fox air shocks all the way around. lightweight everything. either a srx8 trip trip or a turbo SX7 redhead ( dan ritchers had one in thunderstruck 3) slightly taller seat, 6 inch riser, powermadd bar guards, C&A razors with 10inch carbides, oh yeah, and a cool graphix kit from REDMATER.

Zachalyse said:
Make it simple

Nytro XTX with SRX 800 tripple/tripple

You nailed it. The nytro with a screaming triple that will take some bumps and still run with the big dogs!

Apex motor (headshim, studs, pistons, rods, etc.)
MCXpress turbo (the big one)
VanAmburg Boondocker tunnel
174X3" camo extreme
ez-ryde suspension
simmons gen II skis
skinz seat and exhaust
sled solutions tunnel bag
2" rox riser
Barkbuster front end
And most important, a hotdogger

It would be setup to do a lil of everything like I currently do, hillclimb, lake run, trails, drifts, etc.

gimme a vmax-4 with better suspension and a bigger engine, about 1000cc's, that would be my dream sled. you guys can have your triples, i'll stick with the ultra bulletproof inline 4 cylinder for my powerplant.

I'm with Rustman except make mine low and lean with a 15-20 gallon fuel tank. Red in color. And what the hay throw Bunny on it also.,,,, Hey a guys got to keep warm at night.

You know I am surprised no one has pur a red head into a nytro. I mean there has got to be enough room?? I guess maybe no room the exhaust?? But yes I second the nytro triple!!

Back