"srx 780 ice machine (shogun) project"

amatosrx

VIP Life Member
well i have started the process of building another srx this one will be only for ice grudge racing. it will be a custon 780 big bore with 40 mm carbs lake porting and a few other mods. it has a 6 lb outlaw compostites carbon fiber hood. it will have all light weight suspension. I am making custom chromoly trailing arms for it. it will have a 136 wahl ice suspension 31 lbs. the hood will be painted with a new process of chrome blue paint. i also will have a lightweight seat. i will post pics up soon. i have hauck drag pipes and a hauck hiv rev cdi . also have blue plastic drag skis . the tunnel will be stretched and will be high polished. everypart will be powdercoated by me or be polished.ligweight short front shocks. if u have any ideas tips or info on what i can do to have a good set up for 660 ft ice drags it will be appreciated. please pm me if you have any questions or secret things i can do to make this monster fly. i will try to have it done by feburary. :2strokes:

Attachments

• shogun. (2).jpg
    shogun. (2).jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 32
  • srx ice racer (2).jpg
    srx ice racer (2).jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 29
  • launch 1.jpg
    launch 1.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_2262 (2).jpg
    100_2262 (2).jpg
    221 KB · Views: 29
  • launch.jpg
    launch.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

another one ? :dunno: i havent even finished mine and you are starting another ...:o| just aint enough hours in a night for me ....sounds like she will be a pretty sick sled you need another tunnel and body i got a good one sitting out back ?

hey amato... if you got some spare time... your more then welcome to come tune in my srx for a few brews...lol

sounds like shes going to be fast!

Hey Amato there is nothing like building your sled from the ground up. I've done it with 3 SRX's and starting my 4th right now aswell. Keep firing up the pics and maybe I'll get some up aswell.. Nice way to get some ideas.

The 2000 Is now an 835 with Bender BB pipes and 38mm carbs.. It turned out really nice. Powder coated the complete front end and added a set of USI SS railer skis. Planning to build a clone of this sled but with a bit more power!!! We'll see what happens.. Working on the motor now and acumulating parts for the chassis as I go.

thats awesome... think you could take a few pics and send them over? curious to see how she looks! if you got time ofcourse...
Email is jesse-p-101@hotmail.com

im hoping to get my srx top end build and tuned by next winter... parked this winter due to rebuilding my atv...

sorry for jacking the thread there amato!

jabber800 said:
Hey Amato there is nothing like building your sled from the ground up. I've done it with 3 SRX's and starting my 4th right now aswell. Keep firing up the pics and maybe I'll get some up aswell.. Nice way to get some ideas.
it is alot of fun and rewarding doing it myself. this will be srx number 6 for me. i have 3 more junkers out back i use for parts. i will keep the pics coming fo sure.

valin said:
Great project. Are you going to this on stock pipes? Will it be a pump gas motor?
either some modified aaen pipes for a 780 or my power inc pipes. if not i will get some benders if i find some. i am going to run it on 110 fuel. i have not yey figured out what fuel i want to run yet.

amatosrx said:
it is alot of fun and rewarding doing it myself. this will be srx number 6 for me. i have 3 more junkers out back i use for parts. i will keep the pics coming fo sure.
three out back for parts ?? or 3 more sleds to build ??? ;)!

YA*AM*A*HEAD said:
three out back for parts ?? or 3 more sleds to build ??? ;)!
no they are junk some one cut the clutch area to pull motor out. so i will be scraping them this week for money.

i recieved my skis today and my 136 wahl track here is some pics of them i do not have alot of time right now to work on this but i am trying to collect all of the parts i need.

Attachments

• shogun wahl (2).jpg
    shogun wahl (2).jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 25
  • shogun ski (2).jpg
    shogun ski (2).jpg
    199 KB · Views: 18
  • shogun side (2).jpg
    shogun side (2).jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 19
  • shogun. (2).jpg
    shogun. (2).jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 18
Bulk head

Why would someone cut the bulk head to get a motor out. No clutch puller? LOL! Just wanted to let you know I've got a SRX chasis here with a good bulk head on it. I have no use for it. I'll send it to you for the cost of the shipping....like $20 or $30. Let me know if you want it.

Madmatt

Madmatt said:
Why would someone cut the bulk head to get a motor out. No clutch puller? LOL! Just wanted to let you know I've got a SRX chasis here with a good bulk head on it. I have no use for it. I'll send it to you for the cost of the shipping....like $20 or $30. Let me know if you want it.

Madmatt
i know people r stupid but thanks i do not need these sleds.

Put a polaris edge chaincase in it so you can run 10 tooth drivers and 1.200 chisels would be a good addition.

Also you should had purchased a 13.5x128 track. 4 lbs lighter. My prostock 800 never spun with a 128 with a wahl.

Last edited:

Back