Power Inc pipes MM700: clutching & jetting

ErikBerg

Hi!

I have been offered to buy a set of Power Inc centerdump-pipes for my MountainMax 700 -00.

* I run at 30-5 degrees Fahrenheit, 0- -15 Celsius.
* The altitude where I live is around 500 feet, 150 metres.
* Once a year i go to the swedish mountains, altitude around 2800-3000 feet, 800-1000 metres.
* I use the sled very allround; track, deep snow, cruising with the family behind...so I need the sled to work well in all conditions.
* The sled is factory spec, except reed spacers, non-slip and quickrods.

What cluthing would You recommend?
And what jetting?

As we say in Sweden: Thousand Thanks! ;)!

Recommendation

I'd recommend you not buy center dumps. Those pipes are not all that great. Do a search on here & you'll find some reading. For that sled the Bender, Hauck, CPR, SLP and Power Inc END DUMPS are all much better pipes.

Madmatt

Also watch the power inc end dumps as they are very loud
and will get you unwanted dnr attention. Slp I believe are
the quietest.P.I center dumps run at 8200rpm and do not
offer much performance wise.

147.5 mains
raise needles 1/2
47.5 pilots
8ab weights start with 3.1 grams each hole
they have a very narrow power band & run em from 7900-8200. anything higher they fall off huge. I tried on my 01 MM about 9 years ago & not overly impresed

hey i have has the end dumps and the bottom dumps wich are very good for trail sport i have had the power inc quiet pipes on for some time i realy like them for my application i have the reeds spacers and air box mod these pipes work best around 8100 rpm the jetting above is very acurate i also recomend using 89l weights from and exciter it puts abit more load on the motor wich waked it up alot they definatly arent like a set of bender or psi wich turn alot higher rpm but for what you want they are great pipes and they are quiet good luck 1 also the one pipe on the mag side needs to be jetted different than the other two i have about 10 000km on these pipes

The end dump pipes were the gyt pipes for 1 year. They flip flopped between dynoport(bender) & power inc end dumps. The centre dumps were never a yamaha gyt option.

I bought a set of power inc. end dumps, and this is my experience.
1. went to the P.I. set-up sheet and picked the fastest set-up. was great for drag racing, but seemed to shift in and out of power at trail speed.
2. Went back to using stock weights with a bender clutch kit. Much better trail manners, still woops ***.
3. I'm a flat lander, so I jetted 145 mains on all three, switched to 47.5 pilots, 1 3/4 on the fuel screw.
4. Awesome set of pipes for the best sled ever made.

Here is the spec sheet I got from them years ago when I put mine on. It does not go low enough in elevation but maybe it will help.

I like my P.I. end dumps. My dad has the center dumps.

Attachments

• Power Inc Setup.pdf
    76.6 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
does anyone have the jetting sheet for the end dumps at like 500-1500 ft? where I live I'm right around 1100ft and cant find very much on it

Back