Bender viper 1000 feet

canfieldcoll

I just bought a viper with bender pipes my second one. moter has been appart and has been ported. On back of cylinders stamped u567 u566 u565. Can any one tell me what it means. Looking to set sled up 1000 feet.

I know it's not bender called them. I am looking to set this up for 1000 feet. Have speed track with 196 chisels in it. Any one have any cluth and chassis set ups they could share? Has bender helix not sure angle on it. Yellow primary spring red secondary spring. Tip rivet changed on wieghts.

canfieldcoll said:
I know it's not bender called them. I am looking to set this up for 1000 feet. Have speed track with 196 chisels in it. Any one have any cluth and chassis set ups they could share? Has bender helix not sure angle on it. Yellow primary spring red secondary spring. Tip rivet changed on wieghts.

what's the code number engraved on it?

also, 8CA's and 8AB's seem to work ok for drags/short runs.

Mopar it is stamped on back of cylinders u567 u566 u565. Its all new pistons head and cylinders. Just took it appart carbs have been bord to. 162.5 jetts seems pretty lean on jetts? I have been told to get temp gages.

those are the numbers when the cylinders are replated thats all

canfieldcoll said:
Mopar it is stamped on back of cylinders u567 u566 u565. Its all new pistons head and cylinders. Just took it appart carbs have been bord to. 162.5 jetts seems pretty lean on jetts? I have been told to get temp gages.

162.5 jets doesnt seem that lean to me, I have a Viper setup with Speedwerx triples at about 1200-1400ft with 162.5 jets.

canfieldcoll said:

i was talking about the code stamped/engraved onto the helix, that way i could possibly tell you what angle helix you got. also, are your carbs still vented to the airbox or atmosphere?

Carbs are going threw air box. Air box is cut out same way my last viper was with bender pipes. Helix 02vtp. red spring set on 1 inside clutch 0 on helix. I noticed your sled pipes are wrapped is that some thing I should do?

canfieldcoll said:
Carbs are going threw air box. Air box is cut out same way my last viper was with bender pipes. Helix 02vtp. red spring set on 1 inside clutch 0 on helix. I noticed your sled pipes are wrapped is that some thing I should do?

Your helix is a 49/45. Jetting sounds lean to me, w/ported motor, cut airbox, and carbs vented to airbox. I would have thought around 167.5 or so. My AAEN pipes are wrapped w/insulated heat tape, meant for race cars as header wrap etc. Available at local auto parts stores. Also, ceramic coating will not touch the insulating abilities that this tape can do. Pipes will stay hot and consistant, and you know what a hot consistent pipe does on a 2-stroke.....more power.

Thanks, mopar. Any idea if that is a good helix for 1000 feet. Have to beet my buddies with ther machz 800s. They tell me it's not going to happend! Though wasn't far behind them with my last viper. Or stock srx. Should I get heel clickers? Have a srx clutch set up with 8bu's. I would think ported should run more rpms? My stock viper with the bender pipes fell on its face around 8600.

canfieldcoll said:
Thanks, mopar. Any idea if that is a good helix for 1000 feet. Have to beet my buddies with ther machz 800s. They tell me it's not going to happend! Though wasn't far behind them with my last viper. Or stock srx. Should I get heel clickers? Have a srx clutch set up with 8bu's. I would think ported should run more rpms? My stock viper with the bender pipes fell on its face around 8600.

heel clickers would more than likely been fine for the 1000ft runs, as well as the 8bu's. that helix sounds like it should be close, depending on the weight setup. it might be a little much tho w/the heel clickers and 8bu's. just gotta test. as far as running more rpm w/ported motor, that all depends on the way it was ported....if exhaust was raised and/or widened, to give more area, than yes, you will need to spin that engine faster. my viper runs 9200-9300 and my srx runs 8700-8800. both are ported. during testing, try spinning the motor a little faster and you will be able to feel when its past its peak, as it will stop pulling and start feeling flat. you'll soon find its "sweet spot".

Just took it appart its junk. Some one had cylinders all done ported. Put old head on it with aluminum still stuck to head. All 3 new cyliders are scored. He said he is going to take care of me we will see. Is srx top end compatable?

Thanks mopar, Had a few people look at it said cylinders are fine. Havn't worn in yet. Guy I got it from is going to get me a head. Dont know why some one would have spent all that money and put that head back on. Hope its not a time bomb!

Back