Lets see your Mountain Sled..

Here is what I am building my other sled to ride when I don't want to take the Apex out..

Attachments

• SRX.jpg
    SRX.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 1,762
  • SRX1.jpg
    SRX1.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 1,759
  • SRX2.jpg
    SRX2.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 1,756
99 mm 700

PI end dumps pipes
light weight front suspension
works shocks
team roller
elkholm tunnel
151 2in.

Attachments

• P9070001.JPG
    P9070001.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 120
  • P9160007.JPG
    P9160007.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 77
gild said:
So Much Money Invested Whats Wrong With Me

I hear ya, but I know you wouldn't take any of it back or not add those mods if you could do all over again!!!!

My money pit:

IMG_0203.jpg

;)! ;)! ;)!

What a way to start in the new season!!

I haven't been on TY for a while and this is awesome seeing all these custom yamahas together. Just got my sled done last march 21st and have had is to the snowies twice since. Sorry i don't have any good pics but you get the hint. Its stock list is way shorter than the custom list!! Oh yeah dont laugh at the "hero Snow" it was better than no snow, I think it was 65 the day we took these photos. My holtzmann atacc worked like a dream!!

Attachments

• viper 2.JPG
    viper 2.JPG
    214.5 KB · Views: 183
  • Viper 1.JPG
    Viper 1.JPG
    224 KB · Views: 270
  • viper3.JPG
    viper3.JPG
    227.1 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
I know this is not the spot for this - I've had it on the classifieds before but does anyone need a tunnel rack - it's blue powder coated and came from Mountain Performance and has the tail light relocation plate with it. I'm tired of moving it around and would hate to toss it

Oh yea - sleds in this forum are way cool. Keep em coming

MMax-600 ready for snow

Just finished up my brother's 2000 MMax-600 over the weekend, turned out real nice after some TLC and a few mods tossed in as well.

* Power Madd Pivot riser
* Holeshot skid plate
* Rumblepack can
* MPI transfer kit
* MPI 144 rail extensions
* Camoplast 144x2" track
* New hifax, complete carb clean, chassis lube, etc.

Net weight savings is in the 23 lbs range- not too shabby at all. Probably end up pulling the sway bar as well.

Attachments

• 00_mm600_rear_resize.jpg
    00_mm600_rear_resize.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 00_mm600rhside2_resize.jpg
    00_mm600rhside2_resize.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 00_mm600_lhfront_resize.jpg
    00_mm600_lhfront_resize.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 63
What to try

Works for saving weight and better ride. Floats off a 06 firecat and front Ohlins from SRX, great for the MNTs

Attachments

• 2009101NIKON_3660.JPG
    2009101NIKON_3660.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 2009101NIKON_3656.JPG
    2009101NIKON_3656.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 2009101NIKON_3658.JPG
    2009101NIKON_3658.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 55
Floats

What shock placement did that float come off of the Firecat? Is the ohlins from the from of the srx? Thanks for your input. I shaved 20 pounds off of my proaction and would like to shave more! Started out in 121 form at 80 pounds and it weighs 59 now with AC 162 rails. Thanks for the input.

gild said:
Front suspension shock off Firecat and Frt SRX suspension. Where the Skiis are. Almost a bolt on
Thanks I am gonna do some searchin now. That rear spring in the proaction skid is a boat anchor.

snowx99 said:
Just finished up my brother's 2000 MMax-600 over the weekend, turned out real nice after some TLC and a few mods tossed in as well.

* Power Madd Pivot riser
* Holeshot skid plate
* Rumblepack can
* MPI transfer kit
* MPI 144 rail extensions
* Camoplast 144x2" track
* New hifax, complete carb clean, chassis lube, etc.

Net weight savings is in the 23 lbs range- not too shabby at all. Probably end up pulling the sway bar as well.

By the way .....the old recipe that Schlitz brought back is GREAT. Tall boys only.

Here is my 2000 mountain max with a 944 union bay under the hood and some other goodies.

Attachments

• sled.jpg
    sled.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
mtndreamer said:
I haven't been on TY for a while and this is awesome seeing all these custom yamahas together. Just got my sled done last march 21st and have had is to the snowies twice since. Sorry i don't have any good pics but you get the hint. Its stock list is way shorter than the custom list!! Oh yeah dont laugh at the "hero Snow" it was better than no snow, I think it was 65 the day we took these photos. My holtzmann atacc worked like a dream!!

Hey there mtndreamer, can ya give me some more info on your seat set up ? Looks nice.

Seat build-up

Illinoisff133 said:
Hey there mtndreamer, can ya give me some more info on your seat set up ? Looks nice.
Well here is the story on this seat. I have seen several guys try this and have never liked everything about them. I ride in the mountains off trail and technical so i wanted sometning to set me up and still be short enough to go back and forth, side to side. I thought about it a long time and I ordered the seat, it is of a 2003 yz 250, and I was holding it where I wanted it and grabbed a set of my old viper handlebars and turned them upside down, then took a set of bmx bars on the front and turned them upside down as well, then I took some 4130 chromoly tubing(I was assuming that both handlebars were made from this also) and welded everything together. The seat frame is 3/4" by 3/4" steel tube and was the same size as the dirtbike frame the seat came from.The front of the seat frame pivots on 2 hiem joints from the front radius rods of a yamaha and the back rides on a shock from a mountain bike. The shock is pretty stiff i think it is like 700lbs compression on it? But it works good for big bumps and such. It weighs 6 pounds. I wouldn't go on a long trail ride with it but it works great for ditch bangin and mountain riding when being aggresive is key. Thanks for the interest. Glad to help!

Attachments

• 2010_0311pixSled10009.JPG
    2010_0311pixSled10009.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Back