Lets see your Mountain Sled..

Well here is the story on this seat. I have seen several guys try this and have never liked everything about them. I ride in the mountains off trail and technical so i wanted sometning to set me up and still be short enough to go back and forth, side to side. I thought about it a long time and I ordered the seat, it is of a 2003 yz 250, and I was holding it where I wanted it and grabbed a set of my old viper handlebars and turned them upside down, then took a set of bmx bars on the front and turned them upside down as well, then I took some 4130 chromoly tubing(I was assuming that both handlebars were made from this also) and welded everything together. The seat frame is 3/4" by 3/4" steel tube and was the same size as the dirtbike frame the seat came from.The front of the seat frame pivots on 2 hiem joints from the front radius rods of a yamaha and the back rides on a shock from a mountain bike. The shock is pretty stiff i think it is like 700lbs compression on it? But it works good for big bumps and such. It weighs 6 pounds. I wouldn't go on a long trail ride with it but it works great for ditch bangin and mountain riding when being aggresive is key. Thanks for the interest. Glad to help!

very nice idea.....I LIKE IT

Here's a 1993 Exciter 2 ST with a newer Nytro 153" suspension, new style drivers, a pipe, some clutching work and geared down I'm told (it seems like it).image.jpeg

I found it on craigslist and couldn't pass it up as I have an 89' stock exciter that I enjoy. I'm looking forward to making a few improvements to this Frankenstien and would love some input on raising handlebars.

Bought a 2002 sx viper bone stock with a torn up stock track in march '16, put a new track on it, then found a good deal on a mountain viper!

excited to rip on her in 15 days in the snowies! slp pipes, 162 apex skid, milled head, anti-ratchet drivers, epi performance clutch

Back