95 Enticer No Spark Help

orchie18

Hey there guys my much older brother has a craftsman lawn tractor with a 95 enticer motor in it.(I know awsome right!!) I do believe it has the 410cc engine it it. He has Checked out the coils and has a brand new CDI from yamaha. He has traced out the wires and all are good. Im thinking hes in stator country. Anyone know a resistance test we can try to narrow it down to the stator. or have had this problem before on these sleds.

or a dirty ground for the stator. have had that one happen before. just re-grounded engine to chassis to fix.

no problem. i do have the specs on disc somewhere but my desk is in worse shape than my garage atm. frigging brothers.

Hey Maim,

I am struggling with my 1994 410 II. Can you tell me where the ground for the stator is? I have to believe it is either that or my coil is burned out.

you could always add a ground from the case to the frame. the only ground I have found so far is in the nose on the left side of the sled. have not had mine stripped all the way down yet though. stator is usually grounded to the case of the motor.

Make sure the coil ground goes to metal, I bought an older sled last year, got it cheap because he could get spark after he had it apart. I finally realized the ground was going to the plastic fan housing...

the coil on the et410 is mounted above the airbox with its own chassis ground as it is mounted to plastic.

Looks like the problem was in the the throttle. The caps on the thumb in between the thumb throttle and the housing were shot so the throttle was not engaging the TORS switch killing the spark. Well see if some new ones do the trick.

I have put new pistons, rings, cleaned the carb, fuel filter, new ski skins and swapped out the track for a Camoplast .375 track. First pull sounds like its going to go but runs out of fuel then it's just pulling the rope with no response. A shot of stater fluid in the air box and it will run for days.

Do you have a primer on yours?

I should just buy the manual but this is a budget build ($200 so far)!

Thanks for the responses.

I do not have the primer on mine but it does the same thing when it has not run in awhile. as I had most of the parts around from a scrapped venture, I put e-start on mine and now I just crank the crap out of it until it starts but I did have to do a fuel pump last year as it split a diaphragm. used the battery for an rx1 so I know I have enough power to get it started. the parts from any e-start Yamaha will work if you want to go that way and the ring gear is built onto the flywheel on it.

good carb cleaning and fuel filter would not hurt either.

Hey guys, gonna drum up an old thread for some help. Newly rebuilt ‘00 ET410 before put away for summer. Can’t seem to get any spark. The coils were badly rusted after storage, removed, cleaned up and installed back on. I have a service manual and I went threw all the electrical checks on the sled. Only issue I seem to get to is the carb switch(which wires to check continuity) or maybe it’s the CDI(no way of testing???). I may dive back into coils and magneto again for a second look. The pulser and charging coil resistance numbers are within spec. I’m getting current from charging coil cuz the light comes on as I try to pull it over. I’m at wits end! Would like a little more info on the ground wires to check? Thoughts? Questions?

make sure you have a new ground from the chassis to the engine plate as the stock ground does go bad over time. bypass the tors (carb switch) by plugging the wires into each other and tru it again.

Back