'03 Viper Wheelchair Rack

That is some seriously nice work! From now on I would love to refer people to you when they ask me about the template on a 136 if you don't mind.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Great, I get the question all the time about if the template works on a 136. Again, awesome job!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Welcome to 2014/2015 season I guess. Im sarting out with a bit of a problem. Everyone knows where the hood latch is. There is a screw that threads into the chassis in the center of the latch post where the rubber hooks. That screw is threaded into an insert that is tack welded to the chassis. Well, last year that tack let loose, and now my screw just spins and spins with the insert. I need to get that screw out to do some work back there. Anyone have an idea how to get it out? There is no room to get in there, let alone a vicegrip. Even if you could, it is inserted in the tube. Any ideas?

I had to drill the head of the bolt off, then pulled the whole insert out. I was able to put the insert in a vice and get the bolt out. I then just jb welded the insert back into the frame. I did not have a welder at the time and needed a quick fix. Has held so far. Just matched up bolt a hardware store and good to go.

WOW! That is one nice sled! I would do what Super1c said to do. I had one of the bolts on the side of the steering gate do that. I did the same thing, but when I put it back together, I drilled all the way through the tube and used a longer bolt.

I just bought my mono skid today from an 09 vector for my 03 sx viper, cant wait to start this project once the snow starts to melt. is the template still available? Would love any help on this project and thank you so much for such a great write up ��

Last edited:

Back