Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stolen Sleds & Trailer

Senior Member ProStock FuzzButt's Avatar

When my Exciter was stolen it wound up sitting somewhere "cooling off" for over a year. Macomb Co, MI Sheriff's Stolen Auto Team ran across it for sale whole. Best thing you can do is report it immediately and have the vin and registration numbers.
    Avid trail & mountain snowmobiler & boater. M-DNR Safety Instructor

1997 V-Max 600XTC-E with some engine mods, reed stopper mod, and some clutch work. It uses a Camoplast 9830H 1" Predator and C&A Razor ski's. 8600 miles and still going like a Yamaha should.

VIP Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzButt
    When my Exciter was stolen it wound up sitting somewhere "cooling off" for over a year. Macomb Co, MI Sheriff's Stolen Auto Team ran across it for sale whole. Best thing you can do is report it immediately and have the vin and registration numbers.

Did they find it during a routine inspection at an auction or did they just get lucky?

I can't imagine them scouring the classifieds and then going to a home and running the numbers.

Just curious.

Senior Member ProStock FuzzButt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snomofo
    Did they find it during a routine inspection at an auction or did they just get lucky?

I can't imagine them scouring the classifieds and then going to a home and running the numbers.

Just curious.
    It was sitting in some guy's yard for sale and the sheriff's dept ran the vin. Oddly even though the guy had possession of it they couldn't prove he received it as stolen property and simply returned it to me. Not too much satisfaction in that.
    Avid trail & mountain snowmobiler & boater. M-DNR Safety Instructor

1997 V-Max 600XTC-E with some engine mods, reed stopper mod, and some clutch work. It uses a Camoplast 9830H 1" Predator and C&A Razor ski's. 8600 miles and still going like a Yamaha should.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12