SC3 Install Pictures

Argento102

Here are the Sc3 pic install pics. I'm not sure how soft that *** end should
be but it might need a servicing. Its pretty plush, but the coil springs are set to max soft. Suggestions?? Limiter straps are set second hole from the bottom.

Attachments

• SRX 5.JPG
    SRX 5.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 43
  • SRX 4.JPG
    SRX 4.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 36
  • SRX 3.JPG
    SRX 3.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 70
  • SRX 1.JPG
    SRX 1.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 43

Whammy said:
But dont let it buck you off.

A few questions;

Should the coupler block be rotated 90 degrees to stock, not "flipped"?

Max Stiff is #4 right

Should I let the limiters out a few holes?

Last edited:
Fabulous

No limiters out. OK

Rotate the couplers 90 degrees to original..Wide side down. OK
(ex skid owner had them flipped)

Yes..u have to go look ;)!

THANKS BLUEWHO GURU,..(i have two 04' 800 Doos and an 08' 800Xp-R
lookin for a top speed race across a 3 mile lake.)

Doo bastards are picking a fight and I need to transfer that Iantomasi
clutching most efficiently. I dont mind it bit of bite in the front end.
Looking for a 65/35 ratio for traction.

,[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
how is the ride with the sc10 III??? do you lose any top speed? im very interested in doing this swap... thank you for any input

mattyg1405 said:
how is the ride with the sc10 III??? do you lose any top speed? im very interested in doing this swap... thank you for any input

I'll get a few hours test / tune with BLUEWHO GURU's settings and let you know ;)!

Right now everything is opposite of that. I dunno what the kid with the REV weighed, but from the SC3 settings id say 155-160. I'm 205 with gear.

What sled did this skid come out of? I have the same skid out of a touring sled and have pretty much determined that I need stiffer springs and a shock re-valve or some HPR Racing shocks from that era to go under the SRX. Point here is that if everything is to soft and you keep jacking up preload on the springs to compensate it will ride and handle like crap.

mattyg1405 said:

Ok, so for a days testing we found that:

Limiter Straps on second hole from bottom
Front Skid Shock on 3rd notch from top
Torsion blocks on #4 or higest
Track deflection at midpoint 2 fingers loose.

Perfect balance of traction / transfer / front bite.

Iantomasi really clutched this sled REALLY well wow.

thunder66 said:
What sled did this skid come out of? I have the same skid out of a touring sled and have pretty much determined that I need stiffer springs and a shock re-valve or some HPR Racing shocks from that era to go under the SRX. Point here is that if everything is to soft and you keep jacking up preload on the springs to compensate it will ride and handle like crap.

Skid came from an 03" Rev. It handled the lake drags, whoomps, and twisty
fireroads like a scaled cat. Beat two 800 H.O Doos and a latecomer I.Q with
ease. Heavy old girl, but that SC3 made a big diff. ;)!

needaSRX said:
how did the racing turn out for you, hows the iantomasi work

The Iantomasi clutching on both prim/sec. worked fantastic.

Two 800 H.O.'s and a Polaris IQ were dusted on everything except
the heavy moguls but what a difference from the Pro Action that
Sc3 makes. Shocks are to be rebuilt soon.

Revs held at 8300 and got there fast with FABULOUS transfer.
Backshift was great. ZERO issues,...none. They have my business.

Here's last weekend's best set-up. Light groomed snow,
-10 degree night temps.

Limiter Straps on second hole from bottom
Front Skid Shock on 3rd notch from top
Torsion blocks on #4 or higest
Track deflection at midpoint 2 fingers loose.

Perfect balance of traction / transfer / front bite

;)! ;)! ;)!

Attachments

• SRX 1.JPG
    SRX 1.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
bluewho said:
What dosent ride like crap??

Nice sarcasm :) The only thing I was trying to state in that previous post was that you can potentially adjust yourself into the weeds if you just keep adding more and more preload to a spring when you might need to get the next size heavier. Actually I have a sc3 skid I am going to put in my sled but I am quite positive that if I bolt it on as is it won't be what I am looking for because it has to soft of springs and shock valving.

Argento 102 could you please share the measurements needed to put the holes in the correct places in the tunnel? I'm looking to swap an sc10 3 into my 97 sx. Thanks

Argento 102 could you please share the measurements needed to put the holes in the correct places in the tunnel? I'm looking to swap an sc10 3 into my 97 sx. Thanks

I too would love the hole locations. I do not have the donor tunnel to measure. My skid came out of a 2003 MachZ800. I've read posts on 24" center to center...23 1/2" center to center. I've seen pictures where the rear bolt was only moved 3/4" and another picture it was moved to the rear by 2" or more. Any help with hole locations would be greatly appreciated.

For us new guys, would you be able to list out measurements for new holes and show us the bracket pieces. Basically walk me through it.. I have 2 Vipers (ER0 Red cowl editions and want to get rid of the no action suspension maybe go with the same you have..

Thanks in advance..

Back