SRX vs 800R

needaSRX said:
I haven't raced one yet but have test rode one 800r e-tec and it doesn't have the arm streching pull that my SRX has but this was also demo one too, and it didn't seem that quick, also my sled is not running 100% either will be a good race when lined up

Was that E-Tec past the break in mode? I think they have them programmed so that the first 500 miles they are in some sort of break in mode and supposedly they speed up a little after that.

I second the break in period. the timing is not as good during tha time, and I think it is running fat at that time as well

bufalobob said:
a stock correctly clutched/set-up xp800 will crush a stock 700 srx. won't even be close. you guys must be racing a bunch of dummies!!
bob
I DISAGREE. BUT HEY MAYBE I RACED AGAINST DUMMIES TOO. 3:16 (yammie tony)

bufalobob said:
a stock correctly clutched/set-up xp800 will crush a stock 700 srx. won't even be close. you guys must be racing a bunch of dummies!!
bob

Crush? Cmon Bob! Whose side are ya on here anyway!

it's good to be brand loyal....but you also have to face the facts. in 2008 sno goer weighed the new sleds for comparison. the 800R weighed 441#. that makes the srx about 100# heavier. the 800R is 152-160+ h.p. depending on model year. the srx is low 140's.
bob

I know all what there sopossed to wiegh and power they make. All I can tell you is what happend. Booth the 800rs I went up against. Were set up from a dealer that has won tons of races. They were both broke in and one of them was no dummy.

bufalobob said:
it's good to be brand loyal....but you also have to face the facts. in 2008 sno goer weighed the new sleds for comparison. the 800R weighed 441#. that makes the srx about 100# heavier. the 800R is 152-160+ h.p. depending on model year. the srx is low 140's.
bob

My comment was tongue in cheek just in case it didn't come across that way. I agree with you to a large extent but my limited experience with these faster sleds is that we are all fighting badly for traction a lot of the time and once my SRX stops spinning and gets rolling it doesn't get badly beaten by anything out there. Also by next winter I should be able to answer this debate personally because I plan on buying an 800 E-Tec and relegating my SRX to fun/lake/back up duty.

thunder:
the etech800 is one of the best new sleds avaiable. lite, powerful, great suspension & easy to mod & make h.p..
bob

bufalobob said:
thunder:
the etech800 is one of the best new sleds avaiable. lite, powerful, great suspension & easy to mod & make h.p..
bob

I've ridden my brothers 600 some and the chassis is phenomenal and I can only imagine what it is like with big power... just gotta figure out which track length I want. But enough about them D-mn Doos! This is Totally Yamaha!! lol!

800etec VS SRX just isn't a good race. SRX should lose on snow and the Etec lose on ice. I really don't think the doo can pull the same top end numbers on the ice and and srx won't hook up like the doo 120" ripsaw on snow.

I should add that I raced my buddy's New 800etec a dozen times this past week on the lake, warm sloppy snow with slush under the snow. He pulled about ten sled lengths from the holeshot each time. Then up to the watering hole for a few cold ones where he had his fun. Now back to the lake only this time I crank down the transfer rods before heading back out where I proceeded pull that same ten lengths on him. I'm sure that once he is out of break-in mode and we are running on good hard pack he will be back in front but the ice will be another story.

AIN,T IT A FACT THAT 8 OUT OF 10 GUYS YOU RACE AGAINST ARE IN FACT DUMMIES. WHEN YA LINE UP ON A SATURDAY IN A FIELD OR ON A LAKE. PRETTY MUCH SAME STORIE WE ALL HEARD BEFORE WITH THE FIRE SCRAP. IN THE REAL WORLD OF ISR RACING, NO SRX HAS NO CHANCE, IN THE REAL WORLD, I,LL TAKE MY CHANCES AGAINST EITHER ONE OF THOSE SLEDS. BOB, YOUR A GOOD FRIEND OF JIM AND I RESPECT JIM VERY HIGHLY, AND I HAVE HEARD ABOUT YOUR SLEDS, BUT MAN YOU CAN,T BASE YOUR POSTS HERE ON NORTH BAY. 3:16 (yammie ton)

thunder66 said:
Also by next winter I should be able to answer this debate personally because I plan on buying an 800 E-Tec and relegating my SRX to fun/lake/back up duty.

that's exactly what i did last year and i don't regret a thing. i like riding my renegade on the trails/deep snow way better than my viper and i like riding my viper on the river way better than my renegade. plus now i can wrench on my viper all i want and i still have a stock reliable sled to ride.

bufalobob said:
bob

We have my 98' weighing in at 502 wet with half a tank of gas. ;)!

tony:
+10-20 h.p. & 100# weight advantages & loose the race. there were other more descriptive names that came to mind before i chose dummies....but if i had used them i would have been reprimanded by the TY police.
bob

snopax said:
HP and weight isn't everything.

Righto,..there's ergonomics, Fuel Mpg, aesthetics, future value, sentimentality.....

Hp and Weight are big deals to alot of guys though...to each his own.

Last edited:
bufalobob said:
tony:
+10-20 h.p. & 100# weight advantages & loose the race. there were other more descriptive names that came to mind before i chose dummies....but if i had used them i would have been reprimanded by the TY police.
bob
SOMEHOW I FIGURED YOU WERE BEING NICE. lol. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Back