SRX vs 800R

Tayley

Im sure someone has had a chance to run a 800R. I own both and havent had someone I trust yet to drive one to race them. Going to the lake next weekend to line them up with my brother inlaw (who also has a 600 SRX). The SRX is a stock 2001, but clutched by a well know shop (Iantomasi) in the area. The 800R is a new 2010. They feel real close riding them on there own. What do you guys think?

I have a viper and a 2010 800r renegade. My 800 is scary fast compared to the viper. But a well tuned srx Should beat the pants off my viper too. I don't worry about it much though. I would have been pretty ticked off if my brand new 800 was slower than a 7 year old 700.

Tayley said:
Im sure someone has had a chance to run a 800R. I own both and havent had someone I trust yet to drive one to race them. Going to the lake next weekend to line them up with my brother inlaw (who also has a 600 SRX). The SRX is a stock 2001, but clutched by a well know shop (Iantomasi) in the area. The 800R is a new 2010. They feel real close riding them on there own. What do you guys think?

You took the race right outta my mouth Tayley. Gerry Iantomasi clutched
and set mine up last month. My buddy has an 800-R that we re waiting
to run. Agreed, way lighter, quicker, but i think over 100mph we'll obv.
run them down. I heard they re 120mph outta the crate. Anybody??

Arg ;)!

Haven't seen 120 on my 800's speedo but I'm pretty sure my renegade is geared lower than a mxz. It pulls to "100" way faster than my viper did but doesn't rally have much after that. Maybe with a taller gear.

BigTimeFarmer said:
Haven't seen 120 on my 800's speedo but I'm pretty sure my renegade is geared lower than a mxz. It pulls to "100" way faster than my viper did but doesn't rally have much after that. Maybe with a taller gear.

Interesting......hmmm. We need some damned snow here. Been raining two days and Rice Lake has gotten soft. Soon... ;)!

I haven't raced one yet but have test rode one 800r e-tec and it doesn't have the arm streching pull that my SRX has but this was also demo one too, and it didn't seem that quick, also my sled is not running 100% either will be a good race when lined up

I had the chance to race 2 revs last week at one time a 121 & a 136 the 121 was cluched and took off like we were standing still and it was no catching him, for me, the 136 was the last off the line but once we hit 100 the 136 walked away from both of us and it was about 1/4 mile run the 136 got me by atleast 1 1/2 sleds as the 121 by about a 1/2 sled on packed snow

Last edited:
My 08 800R adreneline would never hit 120. Not even close. The 2010 is supposed to be clutched better but will never hit a honest 120. Very few stock sleds will. My 08 was a absolute rocket to 100. This is also my second SRX. The first one I had pulled 117 on radar with stock clutching back when is was new in perfect conditions.
When we line them up it will be on glare ice with a little snow which is ideal conditions for the SRX. Out of all sleds ive owned the SRX is the most affected by snow conditions. Roll on starts for a fare power comparision rather than traction playing a big part. Ever since I had my first 800R ive wondered how the over achieving and my favorite sled of all time SRX would run against each other. Im pumped!! Wow I need snow....

bigd1000rr said:
I had the chance to race 2 revs last week at one time a 121 & a 136 the 121 was cluched and took off like we were standing still and it was no catching him, for me, the 136 was the last off the line but once we hit 100 the 136 walked away from both of us and it was about 1/4 mile run the 136 got me by atleast 1 1/2 sleds as the 121 by about a 1/2 sled on packed snow

Dusted two Rev 800's last saturday. One an H.O, clutched etc.
Likely those big lug tracks. Good pulls, fireroads, Hit 112mph by
the radar gun just off Jack Lake in Apsley. We had the set up right
for the conditions. ;)!

my buddys got an 08 rev 800 and if i get a decent hole shot i will take him every time with my SRX. both sleds are stock as far as clutching goes. the closer to 90 MPH we get the farther the gap widens between the two sleds, SRX has some long legs. that rev is a fun sled though.

I lined up with to last year. Had a 01 srx bender air box bigger rivets in tips of wieghts. Killed them every time. My sled has 196 studs as did they. Rear skid was dropped a little om my sled. They were even lighter then me. Beet both of them 4 5 times in a row.

them 800r's do not make sence to me at all. my father has an apex and them things as we all no are tanks. its an 2006 with 144 studs in a ripsaw. i took it and raced a 800r and beat him by 2 sled lengths. i way 240 on top of the tank and the sled still held its own in i would say 1000ft. pretty amazing. i hope my piped viper does just as well.

a stock correctly clutched/set-up xp800 will crush a stock 700 srx. won't even be close. you guys must be racing a bunch of dummies!!
bob

It was the dummies I was racing trail sled. But can tell ya he's no dummy. Has a machz 800 that is sick. Mine was pretty well tunned but pretty much stock. Raced more then one that day. Pretty sure they wernt all dummies.

bufalobob said:
a stock correctly clutched/set-up xp800 will crush a stock 700 srx. won't even be close. you guys must be racing a bunch of dummies!!
bob

i would have to agree with that just based on hp/weight ratio alone.

After reading some of these post I was 2nd guessing myself. I felt kinda good with the results in what money I have in mine and what they have in theirs and to only lose by a sled in 1 1/2

Back