Ty phone app?

I'm with Sno-Xr. Unless the app incorporated more than the forum functionality, what does an app get you? I think using the Web browser works good enough.

The new versions of vbulletin definitely provide a better mobile browsing experience.

Im sure you use analytics to track traffic to the site. What is the percentage of mobile traffic vs pc at this point? Compare to the last couple of years. It is a quickly growing market. It alone can be justification for investing in the mobile experience.

Not sure if this is everyone or just a problem with my phone, but my phone works in the forums but I can't do much for other things such as looking in the tech pages. An app would probably be a different story

Last edited:
livewire_101proof said:
Not sure if this is everyone or just a problem with my phone, but my phone works in the forums but I can't do much for other things such as looking in the tech pages. An app would probably be a different story

The apps are phone specific.. and most of the phone do not support Java.... most of the tech pages are simple HTML...can you give me a specific page?

livewire_101proof said:

What kind of phone do you have?
I have an iPhone and can use every function of the site.
I still think it would be cool to have an app though

These Apps are quite beneficial for phone users as they not only optimize the data transferred for wireless communication but they also make buttons and controls easier to navigate and select. Users should be able to browse, edit, and navigate much easier without having to zoom/unzoom, select/deselect, etc. even simple things like the virtual keyboard for entering data in modifiable fields. However, implementing support of these apps requires work from the Webmaster as well as yet another item to support.

Sorry for going IT on you . . .

Ding said:
These Apps are quite beneficial for phone users as they not only optimize the data transferred for wireless communication but they also make buttons and controls easier to navigate and select. Users should be able to browse, edit, and navigate much easier without having to zoom/unzoom, select/deselect, etc. even simple things like the virtual keyboard for entering data in modifiable fields. However, implementing support of these apps requires work from the Webmaster as well as yet another item to support.

Sorry for going IT on you . . .

And they are also phone specific so Black Berry, I phone and Droid would each require an app as well as the app strips all ads from the site.... that is also a concern .....without the ads we don't have enough revenue to exist... now if someone out there could write us an app that would help us in all fashions that would be MOST beneficial.

MrSled said:
The apps are phone specific.. and most of the phone do not support Java.... most of the tech pages are simple HTML...can you give me a specific page?

Phone is a DROID x. Almost anything except the forums, pages load fine but I can't scroll so I am limited to what I can see at the top of the page on my little screen. Sounds like its just my phone though, others seem to work fine.

MrSled said:
... now if someone out there could write us an app that would help us in all fashions that would be MOST beneficial.

hmmm . . .

maybe

O2viper700 said:
On iPhone absolutely everything on the site works.
I only post from my phone, never really use my pc for the forum.

Are you able to add attachments, like pictures from your phone?

How? Are you copy and pasting the url from a pic hosting site? Im not able to use the "manage attachments" option to upload pics from my phone

Sno-Xr said:
How? Are you copy and pasting the url from a pic hosting site? Im not able to use the "manage attachments" option to upload pics from my phone

What kind of phone do you have?
I have the photobucket app.
Here's a pic

E9AD0859-9106-47F2-B3B5-81D00E3233A4-18027-000018F0B053952A.jpg

Iphone 4. So you are not able to simply use the Manage Attachment tool and then browse your phone albums?

Sno-Xr said:
Iphone 4. So you are not able to simply use the Manage Attachment tool and then browse your phone albums?

I dunno, I have never done it that way.
For my avatar it would let me browse my photo library on my phone.
Get the photobucket app, it works soooo sweet for pictures

I can't get my aviator to load because size is too large. I use photo bucket and reduced my size for download to 320 x 320 which is smallest option. When I try and download aviator it says it needs to be 150 x 150 max. I have tried with iPhone and on Mac. Any help???

V Max-4-IL said:
I can't get my aviator to load because size is too large. I use photo bucket and reduced my size for download to 320 x 320 which is smallest option. When I try and download aviator it says it needs to be 150 x 150 max. I have tried with iPhone and on Mac. Any help???

I used a program on my pc to resize it and then emailed it to my phone.
Maybe u could try to find a photo editor app for your phone

O2viper700 said:
I used a program on my pc to resize it and then emailed it to my phone.
Maybe u could try to find a photo editor app for your phone

Those pictures in your Signature line need to be reduced... to 1/4 of that.... it way to large.

Back