Ty phone app?

super1c

Super Moderator
Hi mr sled,
Just wondering if you were thinking of doing a TY phone app? A lot of us now have those new fangled smart phones and with all the apps you can get a TY one would be cool. Maybe part of a VIP membership? I know you can just bookmark it but it would be way better to have a app for a direct link to TY. One touch and i could be here from anywhere in the world, just think about it. Any other opinions?? CCC

super1c said:
Hi mr sled,
Just wondering if you were thinking of doing a TY phone app? A lot of us now have those new fangled smart phones and with all the apps you can get a TY one would be cool. Maybe part of a VIP membership? I know you can just bookmark it but it would be way better to have a app for a direct link to TY. One touch and i could be here from anywhere in the world, just think about it. Any other opinions?? CCC

Yep! Great Idea ;)!

Tapatalk works great with the vB used. I use it daily on my iPhone. They (Tapatalk) are even working on a "Moderator" version that I think I might get for some "testing"

Sure makes things easier on a 4" screen

FuzzButt said:
Tapatalk works great with the vB used. I use it daily on my iPhone. They (Tapatalk) are even working on a "Moderator" version that I think I might get for some "testing"

Sure makes things easier on a 4" screen

The problem is we have a modded Vbul and an older version. I dont think it will work unless we upgrade.

You can also just get a smartphone-friendly forum skin that people can select to use. They are available for Vbulletin as well as the PHPbb used on the 4-stroke forum. It makes browsing on a Blackberry easy and fast...

Port Snowman said:
You can also just get a smartphone-friendly forum skin that people can select to use. They are available for Vbulletin as well as the PHPbb used on the 4-stroke forum. It makes browsing on a Blackberry easy and fast...

Do you have any links to those add ons?

Yeah that would be great to have it as a app mrsled no matter how long it took lol this is a great site and the people on here are really nice on here unlike some sites like this

What are the benifits of an App for TY?? What differences would it make as far as veiwing the site? I like the idea of veiwing the site on my phone the same as I do on my computer. I have it bookmarked and on my homescreen of my Iphone and that works fine for me, it appears just like any other app on the phone.
Im not saying its a bad idea, but what are the benifits?

Last edited:

Back