Leaking Gas on fill up, but where?

SesandXes

hey guys, i had an issue last week..

1999 SX VMAX 600 triple

when i filled up, i made it 25 even. $$ that is. it was an inch or so below the filler neck.

a while on down the trails (REALLY ROUGH ATV TRAILS) there was gas going down my console, and under my hood between air box and gas tank..

it never happened the rest of the weeekk.... did i fill it too high or is something wrong?

I know SRXBOB just had a post about checking your gas vent line where is comes out of the tank. A bunch of guys were having problems with this comming loose. I dont know if it applies to your sled or not. Worth a look. Would make sense. CCC

crew chief was right, theres no elbow on it? just a hole. no hose, no elbow. maybe if im lucky the elbow is still on the tube somewhere... i'll look later, thanks guys

It is common, the hose shrinks with time and pulls the elbow out. The hose runs to the opposite side of the sled and back, just look in the loops that hold the wiring and you will find it.

My moneys on that it will come back out. I fought with mine untill I got some seal all and glued the sob back in. No more gas smell since.

Do you have to remove the airbox to see the vent?

I am not in front of my sled but think I smell a faint oder of gas while sled is parked in the trailer. I don't see anything leaking thats very obvious.

Do you have to remove the airbox to see the vent?

I am not in front of my sled but think I smell a faint oder of gas while sled is parked in the trailer. I don't see anything leaking thats very obvious.

Follow the vent hose to the top of the tank and you'll find it. It's actually a taper fit so as long as the surfaces are clean, a light tapping is all that's required.

Back