780 piped viper VS 08 nytro rtx

just was looking at the times they run on grass....sorry,but no way............if they were as fast as you think they are, they wouldnt be running in 600 single class, the 700 imp which is what basicly this viper your comparing it to would be, and the times are way,way out ahead.

we are comparing apples to oranges because you have a stock sled against a mod sled, but I didnt choose the set ups/comparisons.

however saying that, even if you have equal traction on both, youd be 30-40hp lower with the nytro. never sell me on that,sorry

I love underdog wins,but your biting off too much here with this mod viper,maybe a single pipe, stock 121 inch track..........

:rofl::rofl::rofl:i meant with a super charger

LMAO right.. There is really something special about these sleds. I guess I have never been on a sled before that throttle response and upshift is so quick and silky and transfers the way it does or something that rides so nice? What gives?

I bet you can guess which sled of mine got the miles put on it instead.

My cousin in S.E. Michigan owns a newer HO 600 REV. He took my SRX out for the day when we went riding and up to today, he said his a$$ is still soar but still has a grin on his face from the long stretch of groomed trail.

tomseal6 said:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:i meant with a super charger

now with that added, yep, its 4 stroke all the way and then some! LOL!!

theres a reason I switched to a turbo 4 stroke for the tar, almost 400hp is the start of it ;)! .............LOL!!

What can you make for hp. With 700 viper porting with out going to 780? I see all the claims. Have a 02 with bender pipes reads 23cc dome bender head. What is a real number my sled should make?

I will say there is an XTX running the snowdrags around here and that thing pulls hard, can even put the beatdown on a few F7s there is a race this weekend Ill try and get some vid. maybe he's got a shot of juice or something, who knows, but that thing is a slut out of the hole to 500'-600'

cumminsdsl said:
I will say there is an XTX running the snowdrags around here and that thing pulls hard, can even put the beatdown on a few F7s there is a race this weekend Ill try and get some vid. maybe he's got a shot of juice or something, who knows, but that thing is a slut out of the hole to 500'-600'
Where about's is this in Ont.

One thing I'll add to this entire post for the Nytro...if you mod it properly you can beat up on alot bigger sleds in 1000'. I run all of the usual mods and last weekend I was killing f7s, Attacks, F8's, and with trail clutching I pulled a Mach Z 1000 until 8-900'.....This was with a traction plagued RTX. A stock Nytro doesn't stand a chance....I doubt a helix alone is going to make that much of a difference, but add in a header/muffler, airbox mod, clutching and proper fuel mapping and the Nytro is weapon up to 1000'.

shadow44 said:
Where about's is this in Ont.

One thing I'll add to this entire post for the Nytro...if you mod it properly you can beat up on alot bigger sleds in 1000'. I run all of the usual mods and last weekend I was killing f7s, Attacks, F8's, and with trail clutching I pulled a Mach Z 1000 until 8-900'.....This was with a traction plagued RTX. A stock Nytro doesn't stand a chance....I doubt a helix alone is going to make that much of a difference, but add in a header/muffler, airbox mod, clutching and proper fuel mapping and the Nytro is weapon up to 1000'.
A simple helix change on the Nytro was/is better then any clutch kit on the market.

A little easier on the wallet too.

Well i just got back from playing with the viper, i called a few buddies up to go do some racing, Im sure everyone has had some work done over the summer. I told them my viper is gone tommorow and i wanted to go play around for one last time. Well what can i say? The viper basically killed everyone, especially off the line. I have a buddy with an 03 rev 600 with some type of bigbore with 136 cobra with 106 or so picks thats been telling us he was really fast this year, well he aint feeling too good about his machine anymore!!! Also a 95 mach 1 all done up, dont know what he has but he spent alot of money. Also an 800 etec with a short track and he is another victim of the viper, Real got him bad off the line. So all in all she seems pretty quick, gonna miss her, but i am looking forward to owning a nytro. Tommorow is nytro time!!!

Mine....& i have tested against a lot of em. My nytro clutch kit came with a lot of hours of on snow testing & was 1/4 at least the price of any kit on the market!

One thing about Turk, he puts several hours and probably several days into testing different set-ups and then turns around and gives us his results for FREE...

Do you really think bender racing or anybody else aftermarket is going to do that for us? Hell no.. they all want you to pay $400 for their clutch kit.

When you spend that kind of money for aftermarket clutch kit, you are only paying for their testing time in which they intend to profit on for years.

Tom, that's a little harsh. Without turk here to do all the testing for you, you'd have to either do it yourself or pay for someone else's testing. I'm not saying that all of them a created equal but there are kits out there that make documented gains. You just have to figure out which ones are the real deal..... ;)!

And I'm sure Turk would agree that there may be more speed in that setup, it's just the majority of the gains come from the simple helix change.

I agree with you chief., and it was harsh but I feel very truthful in it. there are kits out there that have a proven gain. but, at what cost? Thats why Turk is the man.

Well, I was just curious if tomseal6 had tried a generic clutch kit vs Turks tweaked stock stuff....I know Turk knows his stuff, I'm running his black spring setup for the Drag n Flys and my sleds is haulling arse right now....just curious if you have compared it to one before making a statment like that...I was actually going to try Turks tweaked stock setup before I got my DnFs, I just like the ease of adjustability with the aftermarket stuff.

Did i miss something? This went from what i read to be a compliment to turk to a "just curious if you have compared it to one before making a statment like that" A statement like what? Did i miss something?? I thought tomseal was giving turk a thumbs up type of compliment. I read nothing negative against turk in anyway. I think you boys need to read a little more carefully unless once again. Did i miss something!!!!!!!! AND yes turk is the man!!! LOL

Last edited:
tomseal6 said:
A simple helix change on the Nytro was/is better then any clutch kit on the market.
A little easier on the wallet too.

This is the statement I was refering to...I was just curious if he has tried both to compare...no biggie....everyting is good ;)!

No not yet, Its in the works though. He lives in nunavut, so he has to have it flown in. he works for the airline and gets it done for free but they will only put it on if there is room on the plane, and so far there hasnt been room. Ill definatly post when i get it and how i feel about it. Lets see how it compares to my viper.

Ha ha, Its not in stone yet, There are races this comming weekend, I just may be keeping it. I will see if it dominates like i think it will, and i will probably end up keeping it. IT WILL be very hard to let her go.

Back