780 piped viper VS 08 nytro rtx

crazykid

Ok guys i hope you can help me out. Between the two listed above,which would be quicker in 660 feet? I know it seems obvious, I was thinking the viper,but who knows, I always hear how nytros have so much torque and are very quick in 660. The reason i am asking is i have a guy who wants to trade me his nytro for my viper. Ive always wanted to try out a nytro,but at what cost? I love the viper but will i love the nytro more i just dont know. I ve got the viper running awesome, quickest sled i have owned. I have it setup with 780 cylinders,srx heads with 52thou squish,slp pipes and for clutching i have heelclickers with long bolt and one washer in tip with red spring, Secondary i have 53/47 helix with silver at 60 deg, pulls 8500 off the line and climbs to about 8900 by the end of 660 feet. Pulls awesome. We have absolutely no nytros in our area, and i have never seen a well setup nytro run 660. How quick are they. Ive got an 800 etec i would like to beat. The viper beats the crap out of an 800r non etec.So should i keep the viper or try the nytro. The real question is does a nytro with exhaust and any other mods short of turbo or supercharging have any chance of being quick enough to run with an 800 etec? I kind of have my mind made up but would like some input before final decision. Thanks. any and all input welcome.

Oh yeah The nytro is quite far away,we have to fly his in and mine out if we do the trade. I know the guy and he takes care of his stuff so the shape of the sled is not a concern.

Last edited:
If the Nytro is clutched with just a helix change and has studs, it will destroy a viper in 660

Viper would take it on a little longer stretch though hands down

Last edited:
Only reason I know this is because my Nytro is not studded but is clutched and ran it against my studded and clutched SRX. It hangs not too far behind my SRX in a short race.. and this SRX I own honestly feels like the strongest one I have owned... Maybe I finally got it set up right..

Seriously, The Nytro is a very underestimated sled.. Before I bought the sled, I thought there was no way a 130 HP sled was gonna get it for me. Wow was I wrong. You put helix and studs on a light weight 130 HP 4 stroke with fuel injection its really tough to beat.

If I remember correctly, the Nytro dominates the 600 single pipe class.

Its a tough sled to beat in a short race when set up properly but keep in mind, they are not top end sleds

yeah? They are that quick in short races? That is great to hear, I am not a topend guy at all. SPEED KILLS!!!!!!!! Im more of a short burst of wicked acceleration type of guy. I really appreciate the input guys. I am now feeling a bit better about letting my baby go. Thanks. And anymore input from others would be great, I never get tired of hearing about quick sleds.

Put a 48/40 Bender helix on the Nytro and never look back enjoy the torque, mileage and low maintenance of a fuel injected 4 stroke

you said it whammy... Change the oil every year and go.. no carbs to clean or old gas to worry about. The 4 strokes a a lot more forgiving on crappy gas.

My Nytro fired up after sitting for 2 years with a quick battery charge.

All depends on length

My Nytro will destroy a viper big bore in 500 feet. But the Nytro (especially an RTX because of the skid design) will fall on its face at about 90 mph. If you want to beat a Nytro with a Viper make the race longer.

Madmatt

hmm, "destroy" and "kill" a 780 viper longtrack in 500-660ft?? dont know if I would see that, you have at least 165-170hp 2 stroke,good traction,heel clickers too boot...lol, and less weight then a stock nytro...hmmmm, I dont think it has that bad of odds.

I know I would agree to this race if I set up the viper..........

THESE HEAD TO HEAD CALLS ARE TUFF. ALL I CAN DO IS POST MY EXPREINCE.
660 ON ICE MY 2000 SRX VS A NYTRO. BOTH SLEDS SLAMED HARD, SPEED TRACK CHISELED. DRIVERS 135/140 AREA. MY SRX TOOK THIS BY TWO SLED LENGTHS RIGHT OUT OF THE HOLE TO 660 CONE. SET-UP HERE IS ALWAYS A QUESTION. 3:16 (yammie tony)

moneys on the nytro in short distance with same set ups..

I was in disbelief for a long time on the new 4 strokes.

where is Turk? LOL

mrviper700 said:
hmm, "destroy" and "kill" a 780 viper longtrack in 500-660ft?? dont know if I would see that, you have at least 165-170hp 2 stroke,good traction,heel clickers too boot...lol, and less weight then a stock nytro...hmmmm, I dont think it has that bad of odds.

This is what i was originally thinking, I was thinking the viper had somewhere around 165-170 hp, sure is alot stronger than my 780 srx.Ive got alot of time and money into this sled, And i am afraid to be disapointed in the nytro. Oh well ill see i guess, It sure will be nice to have elecric start,reverse, gas milage and such.

there are some vids on you tube of the nytro running with and also beating a lot of big two strokers...

Fun to watch.. see for yourself

mrviper700 said:

I agree, I ride regularly with a Nitro XTX that has some mods , exhaust ect , its pretty strong but I can't see it beating a well set up 780!!!

JM.02c

for a short race with an XTX i think can beat a 780 with just a helix change. were talking several sled lengths faster with the helix alone. I was not impressed with mine until I did put the one on turk sold me.. I believe the aftermarket exhaust does almost nothing.

The torque on the 1049cc 3 cylinder mill is unbelievable... Torque is what wins races:)

Back