News on the 2012 sleds anyone?

I'd be happy with a Bravo that came with reverse, lol... or better yet, something that would compete with Skidoo's new Tundras... need a simple but light weight 4 stroke bush sled, something that could be ridden with confidence in the deep north wilderness for hunting/fishing/trapping and bush whacking... just don't have confidence in Skidoo's engines.... tj

norwegian said:
Money is now set aside for a 600-800cc 2 stroke Yamaha if it comes out.

Putting that money in an account that will earn interest would be a wise decision. I would say that that money will end up gaining enough interest over a couple years to be able to buy a nice new big Yamaha 4 stroke before Yamaha makes a 2 stroke like you described.

I hope I eat my words, seriously because a nice DI EFI 2 stroke would be a great addition to Yamaha's line up.

norwegian said:
Money is now set aside for a 600-800cc 2 stroke Yamaha if it comes out.

I would love it and i'd buy one also (if they made a long tracked version anyways), but alas, the Bravo is the last Yamaha 2 stroke sled you'll ever see new at a dealer.

TJ500 said:
I'd be happy with a Bravo that came with reverse, lol... or better yet, something that would compete with Skidoo's new Tundras... need a simple but light weight 4 stroke bush sled, something that could be ridden with confidence in the deep north wilderness for hunting/fishing/trapping and bush whacking... just don't have confidence in Skidoo's engines.... tj

the bravo do have the optional factory reverse now. one of my friends has one and it looks pretty damn cool to finally see a bravo going backwards after all those years without reverse lol

I have been told that have been working on a Viper replacment. Less ditch banger than a Nytro, more aggressive than a Vector.
Dear Yamaha, if you build it, I will buy it. But please hurry, with one kid already in collage.....
2datrl

2datrl said:
I have been told that have been working on a Viper replacment. Less ditch banger than a Nytro, more aggressive than a Vector.
Dear Yamaha, if you build it, I will buy it. But please hurry, with one kid already in collage.....
2datrl

And don't forget to put factory tripple pipes and a rear heat exchanger on it!

Millinocket Rocket said:
And don't forget to put factory tripple pipes and a rear heat exchanger on it!

LOL, those days are long gone for new yamahas....

I hope they do make a sled to fill that void though.

i'm giving yamaha 2 more sno checks, ie this feb and next feb, if they don't come out with something light weight, the check is going to ski doo. rebuilding motors is cheaper than knocking off 150lbs. other buddy is jumping ship after this sno check if nothing comes out.

I feel the same way, rode a couple of Etecs last weekend, (600 and 800). Nice ride great gas mileage, meanwhile one unit had the speedo fail, and the belt issues.
I bleed blue, but in a year or two, I my have to change.
I will need to clearout all of my Yami wear on eBay :)
2datrl

Yessir, I hear you. Might do the same thing in a few years, but for now the MM and SRX will have to do.

same here...I am already planning on picking up a 600/800etec XP next year to replace the viper and just living with the minor reliability issues.

Can't someone form a group on facebook to bring back the 2 strokes? There are groups about EVERYTHING in there.

ajviper said:
same here...I am already planning on picking up a 600/800etec XP next year to replace the viper and just living with the minor reliability issues.

Careful..I traded my SRX in for a 2010 XP 800R. I'm already $1500 in the hole. And that's just labor cost. $2500 motor was on BRP. I don't call that a minor issue

Zachalyse said:
Careful..I traded my SRX in for a 2010 XP 800R. I'm already $1500 in the hole. And that's just labor cost. $2500 motor was on BRP. I don't call that a minor issue

Is it an Etec? I have heard about issues with the 800s, but I wasn't aware of the 800etecs having major issues. However, I'm currently leaning towards the 600etec or maybe even an 09 500ss TNT. The 597cc motor is pretty solid and would be plenty for 80% of my riding.

Didn't you have a viper?

Back