News on the 2012 sleds anyone?

venture700

Usually the yamaha release date is sometime in february. do anyone know when yamaha will be realeasing them this year? im alwase excited to see the new sleds but I think this year will be just some new stickers. Ive heard a few rumors but just like every other year 95% of them are wrong. one thing I heard was the phazer had something that looked like a bubble on the hood. what could be hidden under there?? hmm. and just like the last 5 years people are talking about a factory turbo which I think would have happened by now if it ever was gonna happen... let the rumors fly boys haha

The new sleds are always released right before the cruiserfest happening in northern WI. That is in mid February. Usually they bring pre production next years models to either demo, or at least look at.

I've had the thrill to ride next years sleds from 3 of the 4 makers at this event. No, I won't be trying the 2012 cats this year either. LOL

i heard they were going to get rid of the phazer totaly and bring a 2 stroke out of retirement for a cheaper sled. DONT quote me on it, herd it through the great vine

v-max789 said:
i heard they were going to get rid of the phazer totaly and bring a 2 stroke out of retirement for a cheaper sled. DONT quote me on it, herd it through the great vine

I would put a LOT of money that they won't drop the phazer that took considerable amount of resources to design and build only a few short years ago.

The 2 stroke part I might not knock down so much if yamaha were not admittedly dedicated to the 4 stroke.

The "grape vine" you heard it from is probably more off base than based in reality. You might want to take the source of that info with a few more grains of salt.

I'll have to see if I can see some test mules that yamaha has running around their extra secret (lol) test facility in the northwoods of WI. Almost every year I see a couple no name cloaked sleds fly by and those end up being the next yamaha in 1-2 years time. I have not seen or heard a 2 stroke one since about 2001.

FEB 11 American Snowmobile Mag. Under cool news 2012 sleds rumors & ideas they write.
Yamaha will add power steering to the Vector line up.
Will drop most,if not all,the Phazer models.
Will add a lightweight 4-stroke (dare we say maybe even a 2-storke?) lower-cost sled to the lineup.
Like the story goes, there trying to guess what the manufacturers are building.

they need a beginner entry sled and I don't mean the Bravo.Maybe they'll surprise us all and bring out a 2012 2 stroke SRX800 with fuel injection..na..that would be like $15,000 plus right there...They need something in the area of $6000 to $7000 ..which is still to high for a young guy to buy these days.Used sleds out here go for premium prices out here.An example,my stepson bought a 98 XTCP and it is in great shape for $2600.How can you beat that and it flys pretty good for a 700..wait till he gets his triple pipes on...lol

Vmax540 said:
A 700cc four stroke Exciter.....just day dreaming.....
I talked to my yamaha dealer a couple of days ago and that is exactly what he heard to. something to fill the 100hp gap.

I hear they're bringing back the Inviter! lol. remember that one?

I'd guess:
eps on vector and venture
maybe exup on Nytro
an improved Phazer
something to fill the 100 HP gap

Yamaha now authorizes the use of turbo or supercharger on the nytro (through 2 companies) so who knows, it might eventually become a factory option.

Stephfg said:
I hear they're bringing back the Inviter! lol. remember that one?

I'd guess:
eps on vector and venture
maybe exup on Nytro
an improved Phazer
something to fill the 100 HP gap

Yamaha now authorizes the use of turbo or supercharger on the nytro (through 2 companies) so who knows, it might eventually become a factory option.

That would be something I might be interested in upgrading to: Nytro turbo w/150 HP, and an 11 Gal. fuel tank....Other than that I still love my Viper till death do us part (except the fuel mileage!)

Millinocket Rocket said:
[/B]

That would be something I might be interested in upgrading to: Nytro turbo w/150 HP, and an 11 Gal. fuel tank....Other than that I still love my Viper till death do us part (except the fuel mileage!)

I have told you how to fix that

jboar said:
I talked to my yamaha dealer a couple of days ago and that is exactly what he heard to. something to fill the 100hp gap.

That is exactly what they need, something to bridge the gap between 500 twin and the 1000 cc vector / nytro.

yup

horkn said:
I would put a LOT of money that they won't drop the phazer that took considerable amount of resources to design and build only a few short years ago.

The 2 stroke part I might not knock down so much if yamaha were not admittedly dedicated to the 4 stroke.

The "grape vine" you heard it from is probably more off base than based in reality. You might want to take the source of that info with a few more grains of salt.

I'll have to see if I can see some test mules that yamaha has running around their extra secret (lol) test facility in the northwoods of WI. Almost every year I see a couple no name cloaked sleds fly by and those end up being the next yamaha in 1-2 years time. I have not seen or heard a 2 stroke one since about 2001.

:bash: you can say what you want but this came from sno goer magazine and cannonball said the same exact thing i read!

v-max789 said:
:bash: you can say what you want but this came from sno goer magazine and cannonball said the same exact thing i read!

But the way you said it was a lot more vague and you didnt site your source... just saying 'through the grape vine' might mean your second cousin Vinny heard it from the guy in the local scrap yard while looking for a part to his 08 Ski Doo 800, lol

That, and I don't believe that Y will drop the phazer completely, and introduce a 2 stroke. I would love it if they did make a new 2 stroke, but that would be seriously undermining all the ad campaigns and their entire line of sleds so badly I can't see yamaha as a mostly conservative company to pull such fiscally irresponsible tactics in a time when all the sled makers are not raking it in.

I would say for over 90% of people a phazer of some sort would get the job done, but they can buy an apex, so they do.

If people bought the sleds they really needed over the years, the racer specials would barely sell at all and the deluxe trail sleds would sell more.

I wasn't bashing at all, but merely pointing out the flaws in the statements. I could care less if it was published in a magazine. Over the years there have been many wrong assumptions for nest year's sleds by the mags that predict. Sometimes these articles are written for the buzz factor, because how boring would it be to say that some vectors will get EPS for next year? We all know that will happen.

horkn said:
I would say for over 90% of people a phazer of some sort would get the job done, but they can buy an apex, so they do.

If people bought the sleds they really needed over the years, the racer specials would barely sell at all and the deluxe trail sleds would sell more.

This is one reason I sold my Rage and bought a Phazer and yes, I am loving the Long Forgotten Fun Factor !

Vmax540 said:
This is one reason I sold my Rage and bought a Phazer and yes, I am loving the Long Forgotten Fun Factor !

I still want a supercharged Phazer long track (136ish) that ran on pump gas and got about 100hp-115hp... that would be a fun sled for around here.

Back