Customer feedback

Port Snowman

I just want to let everyone know how I was treated by Mike and crew at Port Yamaha recently.

I was looking to upgrade my sled to something new. I had an '03 RX1 to trade.
I was talking with another local dealer and they really "talked down" my RX1 and said it was worn out and not worth much, without even seening it. They wanted to give me $2000.00 and that insulting amount was "subject to compression test and having the tech go over it in detail" meaning they might not even give me 2K. Went over to Port Yamaha. Saw the sled I wanted and didn't mention my trade, I wanted to know the bottom line price on the new sled, and they gave it to me. Then I mentioned my RX. Mike asked a lot of questions about it, and told me a "rough figure" and I said I really wanted more, and realized I could get more if I sold it on Craigslist or whatever but didn't want to have to hassle with "ski kickers" and have strangers knowing where I live and coming to my house. We had a little more back-and-forth and Mike gave me his bottom line, and that was assuming the sled was not beat to crap. I kinda figured in the back of my mind that this was going to turn out like most "dealership transactions" where they say one thing and then once they get their hands on your trade, the numbers change in their favor.

That was far from the case here! Mike looked the RX1 over and he told me what they would need to do to get it ready for resale. here's the best part- He agreed to give me what I wanted it for it, and that amount was very close to what I paid for it last fall.

I'm not done yet-
I took delivery of the sled (a 2010 Nytro RTX SE) and went for a ride on Wednesday night and noticed the right grip was stone cold and obviously not working. I contacted Mike via EMail on Wednesday night, and before Port Yamaha was even open for the day yesterday, he replied back to me, said he was terribly sorry and to bring the sled back and they would take a look at it. I wrote back that I am going on a sled outing this Saturday and it would be awesome if there was any way they could get it handled before then. he said "We'll try but we can't promise anything"
I had the sled to them at 2:00PM yesterday. At 5:30 I got a call: "Come get your sled, it's all set!"

WOW. I think that's fantastic "service after the sale" and I'm very satisfied with my dealings with Port Yamaha. Thanks VERY much to Mike, Kevin and the rest of the PY crew.

On a side note... I went for a ride last night in very frigid conditions (we are under a "wind chill warning" for dangerous wind chills)
:brr

My hands were nice and warm.

:WayCool:

congrats dude, hope you like it, that's the sled i want, it jus hard to quit smoking with the price of new sled's. we just dont get the snow anymore in my area, sounds like your happy with the deal they give you ;)!

Back