water temp gage help ?????

torelloracing

hi i have a 2001 srx and want to hook up a after market water temp gauge .. does it matter what gauge i use , cant it be a autometer from your local parts store . or is there any certain one i need also whats the best way to hook it up ? thanks for your time and concern !!

Ronnie
derby vt here we come again!

ya aslong as its a electrical gauge an not a mechanical one. I have a auto meter gauge on my viper,an the easiest way to hook it up is tie into your brake light wire under the handle bar pad. then just run a ground to a bolt on the steering post or somethin. But you will need a t fitting to tap into a coolant hose. I have pics if u want to see..

viper700t said:
ya aslong as its a electrical gauge an not a mechanical one. I have a auto meter gauge on my viper,an the easiest way to hook it up is tie into your brake light wire under the handle bar pad. then just run a ground to a bolt on the steering post or somethin. But you will need a t fitting to tap into a coolant hose. I have pics if u want to see..

YES PLEASE i would like to see the pics and how you hooked it up where did you get the fittings used to tap in ? thanks

torelloracing said:
hi i have a 2001 srx and want to hook up a after market water temp gauge .. does it matter what gauge i use , cant it be a autometer from your local parts store . or is there any certain one i need also whats the best way to hook it up ? thanks for your time and concern !!

Ronnie
derby vt here we come again!
the race is on to find cool water temp gauges, ill see you tommorow looks like we have a full day of srx maintenance ... btw your sister says hi!!!

Last edited:
well i have a viper so its alittle different..i tapped into a coolant hose, but pp with srx tap into the water rail...but this is a pic of it mounted on the dash..i made the bracket myself to mount it an hide all the wires..but someone prob has pics of one on a srx..but atleast it gives u an idea..too see the pics go to this link..an its post #6
http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77924

viper700t said:
well i have a viper so its alittle different..i tapped into a coolant hose, but pp with srx tap into the water rail...but this is a pic of it mounted on the dash..i made the bracket myself to mount it an hide all the wires..but someone prob has pics of one on a srx..but atleast it gives u an idea..too see the pics go to this link..an its post #6
http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77924

thanks ! looks good

viper700t said:

Mechanical gauge will work fine and are typically more responsive but they limit you regarding location. The capilary tube isn't ment for constant movement so mounting the gauge to the hood or bar is out.

Electrical gauge and sender are probably the best choice given they offer more choices regarding location but the mechanical will work.

I want to hook up a temp gauge on my
Viper to. What color wire on the break light did you splice to? Mine has a blue wire and a green yellow.

Back