Rear suspension swap - Ski-doo SC10III ??

MSASRX

Anyone ever install a Ski-doo SC10 III ( from a 03' REV )into a Viper chassis??

**I have it all figured out and templates made so I can drill holes correctly, just wondering if anyone has ever done before??

yes it has been done but the most popular swap is with an Edge skid. There's tons of info on it...not as much on the Doo.

Going to install one in the wifes sled sat that will be the 4th one i have done.Picked one up with the x pkg shocks and springs.

bluewho said:
Going to install one in the wifes sled sat that will be the 4th one i have done.Picked one up with the x pkg shocks and springs.
Ha blue,,, I got the X (C46) on my srx and that can take the bumps,,,, still a little stiff for my weight,, will re-valve next year,,,,, the faster you go the smother it gets.....YEHA............

Whammy said:
Ha blue,,, I got the X (C46) on my srx and that can take the bumps,,,, still a little stiff for my weight,, will re-valve next year,,,,, the faster you go the smother it gets.....YEHA............

;)! yeehaawwwwwwwwwwwww

I see alot of yamys now on the trails around here with c10 skids installed.I have to get this one under my ride[when the wifes not looking] she wants to try it first.It has alot bigger shock and torshion springs from what i see and feel with me standing on it.

I removed the viper shocks up front to have a look for wear on them and was happy to see the mod works well.I had installed them by bending the u bracket in a vise untill a the spacer you find in the side idiler wheels fits inside of it.Now i am going to weld them in place knowing it works.

Whammy said:
Ha blue,,, I got the X (C46) on my srx and that can take the bumps,,,, still a little stiff for my weight,, will re-valve next year,,,,, the faster you go the smother it gets.....YEHA............[/QUOTE

Went for a ride today the trails were good for the most part but bumpy in some spots.Skid worked great the wife says it works like 10 times better than the long travel proaction.She has been rideing the same sled now for over 12 years so this will help keep her happy.

I tryed it around the house hitting some bumps and dropouts harder than normal and see what you mean it sucks it up good with my 220 weight on thw saddle. ;)!

Anyone have the dimensions needed to put the sc10 III in the srx. Do you take the dimensions from the drive axle to the front arm in the skidoo and then mirror that in the SRX?

Would you by chance still have the templates or dimensions for the mounting holes? Try in to swap an sc10 3 into my 97 sx

On a srx no you dont need drop brackets if you are wanting a ride as close to stock as possable.

Bluewho...did you change anything to the front suspension?...did you swap the shock mounting brackets 180 degrees in order to raise the front end up? Is this necessary to do when adding the sc10 3 from a 2003 machz?

Its not necessary but easy too do, so why not. You want too find the proper balance when you lift the rear of any sled in the limiters, and front springs settings so it will turn and not dart all over the trail but still have decent traction on a flat surface .

Looking to do this swap. I have a 98srx700 with ohlins. Locally, I found an sc10-3 out of an 03 REV with rebuildable shocks for $350 or a sc10-4 out of an 07 with standard shocks for $250. What is the better bet? I’m about 210lbs geared up if that matters. Thanks

Back