Oil pump setting help! Pics

Silver Bullet

I have read a lot of the threads on setting the oil pump and consumption. Last weekend we took my 98 600SX twin for a ride and went 85 miles and the oil light came on. We put in 1 quart at the gas station - which was enough to shut off the light but no where near close to filling the tank. I was only down a 1/4 tank of fuel. The sled ran fine except at WOT after a bit it would bog but not real bad.

When I installed this used motor I did not adjust the oil cable. It came connected to the engine - I thought if it was set there from the last guy, there may be a reason. After getting back home I've check the cable and it was backed out almost completely. I have re-adjusted the cable an tightened it. I am almost down almost all the way. I wanted to post the pictures (my first time posting pics so we'll see) of where I am on the settings on the oil pump and get your opinions.

The first picture is at rest no throttle at all.
Oilpumpatrest1.jpg

The second picture is at where the throttle engages (i.e. 2mm on throttle)
Oilpumpatthrottleeng1.jpg

The third is at WOT.
OilpumpatWOT.jpg

Thanks for the help!

Silver Bullet

Your close at WOT. Those lines need to be lined up. Make sure your cables are seated correct in your throttle and at the adjusters also. Chris

Here's another picture after an adjustment - Looks right on at WOT.
What about the first mark is that supposed to be lined up at any point?

OilpumpafteradjustmentWOT.jpg

Perfect. Not that i ever have seen or heard of. Often wondered what that first mark is for too. Its always the WOT marks lining up that count. Chris

Back