120cc class WHY NO YAMAHAS

Has anyone else here made the connection between the "Baby-boomer" group and Yamaha sleds like I have?! It seems Yamaha is making what the "Baby-boomers" are into and focus on that group. Why? Because there are a lot of them, they are the group of people that really helped drive the corporation back in the day simply because they were the right age at the time when Yamaha sleds were coming into their own and they have money. The "Baby-boomers" are now getting on in years and they now want highly reliable, highly optioned, safe, not necessarily quite so fast selds and Yamaha is deliverying that to them because they are the group that has been there to give feedback from day one, there are alot of them and lets face it, they are the one's with the money now days.
I really hope those of you that are of "Baby-boomer" age don't take offense to this because I did not write it to give offense. I wrote it because it is something I recognized and wanted to know if anyone else agrees?
Mills

Phazerkid250 said:
A Bravo makes for a good starter sled.

agreed My 4 year old was driving an 82' bravo last winter. The best part is I can ride with him to teach him how to ride, not stand back and hope he doesn't hit something.

jboar said:
The best part is I can ride with him to teach him how to ride, not stand back and hope he doesn't hit something.

You mean an augered type dog tie down in the middle of the yard w/ 20 yards of rope isn't good? Makes for a dizzy kid fer-sure.

A couple of bucks said:
You mean an augered type dog tie down in the middle of the yard w/ 20 yards of rope isn't good? Makes for a dizzy kid fer-sure.
hahahahahahaha.......hmmmm ...does this work? lol

yamaha is very busy in many other markets. to try to keep thier stuff competitive. with everybody else. snowmobiles are like a side job to them. they do what they can but to market everything tottally would just not be cost effective for them with all the r&d that is involved. there are many other profitable segments they a focused on. whenever they come out with something new it usually is leading edge... They rely on that to pull them through,.. untill they have time to come up with something new.

my first sled was an old bravo long track. after I used it my dad uses it for hauln wood and stuff. win-win situation if you ask me

my daughter is 4 and runs a kitty cat but if i give her a choice between the cat or srx we are on the yami she loves it. would be cool if they did build a 120 thou

never could understand why yamaha stopped making the snosport/scoot.. sold out of them quickly back in the day at the dealership..and if ever a used one was traded in.. there was people checking in ,looking to see if we had any..and even to this day they are highly sought after.....

Don't get me wrong cause I love Yamaha but I really get frustrated with the 120 deal also it's like them asking you to go buy someone else product well I did and we have a zr120 and it's great my 2 year old and 5 year old ride it I also have 2 enticer 250 but they are way to big for my 5 year old well another thing I don't understand is the grizzly and rhino I have a rhino 700 I love it except the power and speed how can a guy go ride with commanders and rzr s and sit in the back of the pack I just don't understand Yamaha sometimes you have the motors use them!!!!!!!!!!

Back