All Classifieds Users

Status
Not open for further replies.
what i meant is, it helps prevent bad transactions just worded it wrong. sorry!

Sled Dog said:
How does the feedback forum help in causing bad transactions? I think it helps prevent transactions if you use it correctly. Prior to buying from someone check to see what others have posted about him in the buyer and seller feedback section of the classifieds. If there is nothing on him check his prior posts at the very least. If someone posts even one bad transaction on a member that would negatively effect his ability to sell or buy in a big way. You do not want any negatives in the feedback if you want to sell or buy thats for sure. If he is a repeat offender and a problem then MrSled or a mod can take care of him real quick with a :ban: .

I'm all for paying $15 a year to use this great site....

BUT I ABSO-FREAKIN-LUTLY HATE how when i post a classified ad, within 2 hours it has been shoved to the bottom by ONE (not saying any names) member who insists on bumping 8.... E-I-G-H-T of his own threads. this has happened multiple times...

how am i or anyone else supposed to get rid of anything when we have people doing this!?...

just my rant....

anyways, I WILL BE GETTING THE VIP membership. but for paying that i wouldnt mind seeing some fair use rules put into place... like only one active thread at a time......

SX_SLAYER said:

BUT I ABSO-FREAKIN-LUTLY HATE how when i post a classified ad, within 2 hours it has been shoved to the bottom by ONE (not saying any names) member who insists on bumping 8.... E-I-G-H-T of his own threads. this has happened multiple times...

how am i or anyone else supposed to get rid of anything when we have people doing this!?...

just my rant....

anyways, I WILL BE GETTING THE VIP membership. but for paying that i wouldnt mind seeing some fair use rules put into place... like only one active thread at a time......

We are thinking that you only need one post to list your parts, not 20, right?

I'm glad that nobody bagged on me about my post.

I really do enjoy this site, and it's given me a ton of valuable info. I was planning on becoming a VIP member this year anyways, but I seriously hope that those that won't be able to sell parts won't detract from the entire whole of the amount of parts we have had available over the years.

The one thing that this won't stop is people contacting someone else , VIP or not on either side, via PM. That's what we ran into on the forums I mod/ admin on.

I can say this though about selling the site. If you do it, there will be irreversible consequences if it were to be sold. I've seen that first hand. And it's not pretty as some people are alienated right away.

Thinking it through after typing this only strengthens why I will become a VIP this year.

MrSled said:
Are you saying I should sell?? :dunno:

I didnt get what was meant by melrosemafia either. But dont sell! Myself and many others are very thankful for you and your crew for what you do for us. This site is a big reason i got back into snowmobiling and am now getting the wife and daughter more involved. Keep up the good work and thank you. Chris

Last edited:
horkn said:
I'm glad that nobody bagged on me about my post.

I really do enjoy this site, and it's given me a ton of valuable info. I was planning on becoming a VIP member this year anyways, but I seriously hope that those that won't be able to sell parts won't detract from the entire whole of the amount of parts we have had available over the years.

The one thing that this won't stop is people contacting someone else , VIP or not on either side, via PM. That's what we ran into on the forums I mod/ admin on.

I can say this though about selling the site. If you do it, there will be irreversible consequences if it were to be sold. I've seen that first hand. And it's not pretty as some people are alienated right away.

Thinking it through after typing this only strengthens why I will become a VIP this year.

If those non VIP members get caught using PM to sell parts there is going to be some serious consequences.

MrSled said:
We are thinking that you only need one post to list your parts, not 20, right?

i think its fair to limit a person to one thread to list parts. keeps things clean and spam free, as well as we dont have "bump wars" going on because we get shoved down the list.

MrSled said:
Are you saying I should sell?? :dunno:
Im just giving you insight to what others have gotten. Your post that I originally responded to made referance to members having NO GRADITUDE...If the website has become too big of a HEADACHE, maybe it's time to take a step back. Only you know what your physcological well being is. The financial windfall would sure cure alot of headaches also.......

SX_SLAYER said:

just my rant....

I hear you on the bumping 8 different threads. I'm a paying advertiser and sure I want to sell parts, but I just don't have the nerve to do that. Sure I'll bump a thread, but it's usually with an update to what I'm selling...not a TTT. I had suggested to Mr. Sled when I renewed my advertiser dues that advertisers should be restricted to 1 "sticky" thread to post all of their parts. Come to think of it another option would be a classifieds section for advertisers and one for non advertisers.

The bump thing your talking about has always agravated me which is why I try to keep everything in on large post. From time to time, I'll post a separate thread to move something I just got in to get the larger parts of it moving. On the 4 stroke side I keep a few threads going, some I just let phaze out. I bump them once in a while. One day I counted 13 threads TTT of one seller directly after I had added to my thread. I find it easier to have the bulk of my parts in one thread, I can send others there with a single link. I do this by accually helping people with their sleds, not just selling. On both sides of this, I have had people I know I have spent time helping buy a part from someone else to save 10bucks(wish I kept a list so I could make sure and never help them again) to the other side I have people tell me they could have bought it cheaper from someone else but I helped them out so they bought it from me.

I think the 15$ to sell off your sledparts is a bargain, go sell 1000$ worth of parts on ebay and tell me what they charged you?

this will decrease the amount of sellers for smaller things like a cover, winshield, helix etc. Maybe you could change it to if your going to sell more than 150$ worth of stuff, you must be a vip. This would allow the members the chance to buy that 25$ helix from someone as well as show that non vip member just how fast stuff sells on this site making him more apt to become a member and sell off the rest of his sled when he is ready. I know I will miss those guys that have only posted a few times that have sold me thousands of dollars worth of stuff over the years that now just wont bother.

Thats all my thoughts, usless as they are.

Thanks for the site and if you profit from it, GOOD! it is your site, your work, your profit should be yours. Never, never let anyone tell you you should not profit and that greed is evil. Evil is someone who wants you to not profit from your work.
"Money is the root of all good" Rand

I List my parts on here every year since I have joined totallyamaha.I also belong to other forums as well.Charging a yearly fee to sell is not going to make the spammers go away.$15 is pretty cheap to spend to make a few hundred off here.I was spammed on ebay 5 years ago with a company that just started selling ,they had 100% feedback in 20 days.I was had for $260 on a pocket rocket.The business was 100 miles away and I figured I would be able to drive there if there was any problem and have it taken care of.With paypal I had to wait 30 days to turn them in for fraud and deceptive practices.Needless to say by that time they were up and gone.The guy rented a store front with a fake name and opened a bank account with the same name.He was issued a debit card in which he had the money used as the money came in.
So I am not trying to tell you a sob story but use your judgement,look at the sellers that are here,look back at their previous post and what kind of other contact info do you have of them.Get phone numbers,addresses,and maybe even find some previous buyers and asked them about their criteria.On 1 forum they want you to have 100 post in the help ,tech area before you are allowed to sell on the forum.The only way around it is if you sponsor the post or subscribe. I feel that these forums should dig a little deeper in members profile by getting whole names and addresses,posssibly drivers licenses or even ss numbers.This would be just a way to confirm and be able to track the person down if he scams someone.
The most of the stuff I sell is to local craigslist ads.The buyer gets to meet me in person and gets to see what they are buying before money is switched hands

Heck its hard to get people to put the town they live in on their profile never mind their drivers license.

How does this affect those of us that are lifetime VIP mebmers? Will we also be required to pay $15/year? I am assuming so but I just want to have you clearify that.

Also, if I happen to sell a sled using the sight and then want to sell parts that are laying around in the garage, do I have to pay the $35/month or $350/yr to sell the parts laying around in the garage?
Mills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back