All Classifieds Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mills said:
How does this affect those of us that are lifetime VIP mebmers? Will we also be required to pay $15/year? I am assuming so but I just want to have you clearify that.

Also, if I happen to sell a sled using the sight and then want to sell parts that are laying around in the garage, do I have to pay the $35/month or $350/yr to sell the parts laying around in the garage?
Mills

You do NOT need to pay the fee, that is part of your membership as a VIP and you do not have to pay the extra fee for selling the parts that are laying around the garage either, that's also part of your membership as a VIP.

If you want to part out multiple sled then yes we would require the extra $35 fee.

I have been here for just over a year and have gained a ton of info from this site. I appreciate everything the quality members have to offer. I try to add my .02 when i can be of any help. I have purchased my first sled to part out and soon after became a VIP member. I also have bumped (TTT) a couple times because my (one) parts thread has been a few pages back. I see no problem with becoming a VIP if I am trying to make a little money off the site. I will be only parting out one sled a year because of the new rules. I am fine with that. I'd like to do more, but I dont have the amount of parts moving that I would need to justify an advertisement. Im ok with it all for the most part. I'd like to do more but if thats the new rules, then so be it. This is YOUR choice Mr. Sled. You asked i become a VIP to part out and I did it right away. No problem... Just before I started this reply I went to the classifieds and counted the posts on the first page. 24 posts and 8 of them from ONE member. I didnt check them all, but the ones I did check, you can guess what the majority of the posts were. TTT!!!
Thanks for all you do here and I (among many others) appreciate the hard work ALL of the volunteers put in.

Just out of curiosity I'm wondering what guys like YAMMIEGOD and MrViper700 think about this. Guys who are not "VIP" members but deffinantly very important people on this site who are now forced to pay a fee to sell bits and peices after everything they have done for the members and this site in general?
Not trying to stir the pot, just curious..

Netefrog said:
Just out of curiosity I'm wondering what guys like YAMMIEGOD and MrViper700 think about this. Guys who are not "VIP" members but deffinantly very important people on this site who are now forced to pay a fee to sell bits and peices after everything they have done for the members and this site in general?
Not trying to stir the pot, just curious..

Thats a great question... I would like to know myself?

TOM, NOT A PROBLEM AT ALL FOR ME. I,LL SEND YA $15 FOR THE VIP MEMBERSHIP. OR PAYPAL,CHECK, WHATEVER YA NEED. THIS IS THE BEST SNOWMOBILE SITE OUT THERE. 1 BECAUSE ITS ALL YAMAHA AND 2 KNOW CRAP LIKE OTHER Sites. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Last edited:
The root of the issue is that MrSled and the mods agree that TY is here for the tech support aspect, not the classifieds section. Sure it's nice to be able to offer that section as a place to unload extra stuff but it isn't what TY is all about. If a non core section of the website starts giving you headaches, then you need to fix it. One option is to remove it altogether, which I don't think anyone really WANTS to do. Another option is to just "let it go" so it eventually turns into Craigslist or Kijiji. I think everyone will agree about that not being an attractive option.

This is our solution for the time being. Will everybody embrace it? No. Will guys leave because of it? Yep. Ask your self if it really matters if a member leaves TY because of this policy, because they probably weren't here to help you with your sled, save maybe for selling you a part here and there.

For those of you that see this as a money grab by MrSled and the mods, keep in mind that the entire mod team is VOLUNTARY and the whole bunch (including MrSled) of us work full-time jobs before spending hours each day on the Forums. I'm not whining because it's my decision to do the mod thing. I do know that there are others out there that think TY must "rake it it" but I'm 100% sure you'd be STUNNED to see the bottom line (and NO, that's not going to happen! ;)! )

These are just my generalized ramblings, not directed to anyone in particular. Hopefully they make a little bit of sense......

My take on this change: I dont see any problem with charging a mere $15 to be able to list your stuff for sale to a specalized viewing/readers in which you have way better chance of selling it. If you dont want to list anything your not out anything. You can still purchase and answer want ads if I am reading this correctly? In the classifieds section I have a couple ideas, maybe the ideas would work, maybe not, but I will list them for scrutiny.

1.) limit the threads a poster can put in there, instead of people listing every single little nut and bolt seperate for sale, make a single or 2 maybe 3 limit thread and list all the parts on that thread. I say this because once the seller/lister does this "TTT" thing, he takes over the entire page and might very well not have a single item I am interested in looking at or buying.

2.) The $15 membership is going to eliminate my next idea but I was gonna say, dont allow a poster to post in the classifieds till they have a minimum post count, lots of websites have this in place.

3.) When selling an item a picture goes a long ways, I understand its a pain to do for every part but a picture is worth a thousand words!! It also eliminates problems with bad/lame descriptions after the sale has been made. When I open the box and pull out the item I was told was in next to new shape and find its a rusted or repaired peice of junk.

I dont think you can ever please everyone NO MATTER WHAT you do. I always like to use the example of: You could stop every car coming down the street and give that person a $100 dollar bill, and there would be some people that would complain that the gas station or McDonalds doesnt accept large bills,.... its inevitable. I also think there isnt a single person on this site who hasnt gotten some kind of technical advice or sold 1 thing in the classifieds over the years.

I am not a paid advertiser only because I cant handle any more work load, I just cant keep up and adding more would only diminish the work and service I try to provide for people. I also dont take advantage of it and list prices for any work or anything on any forum here, out of respect,because I am not paying for something, I figure I shouldnt be using it.
I have tried to give back to the site who has helped me by making tech articles and free porting contest for all of you guys. I donated 100% of that to Tom to help him run this place. I cant even imagine what it takes to run this thing(site) and keep track of 2 sites and all the TY rides,contest,give aways and to deal with all the problems that arise. I applaude you guys for keeping this site running smooth and almost trouble free, its the best sled site on the net bar none!
If I want to sell some stuff, $15 is a small price to pay to sell possibly 100's of dollars worth of spare parts you have in your garage over a season, not too mention... if the tech advice you have gotten saved you just 1 trip to a service shop you just saved literally 100's of dollars again!!

Help out the people who HELP you. ;)!

JDViper said:
I have been here for just over a year and have gained a ton of info from this site. I appreciate everything the quality members have to offer. I try to add my .02 when i can be of any help. I have purchased my first sled to part out and soon after became a VIP member. I also have bumped (TTT) a couple times because my (one) parts thread has been a few pages back. I see no problem with becoming a VIP if I am trying to make a little money off the site. I will be only parting out one sled a year because of the new rules. I am fine with that. I'd like to do more, but I dont have the amount of parts moving that I would need to justify an advertisement. Im ok with it all for the most part. I'd like to do more but if thats the new rules, then so be it. This is YOUR choice Mr. Sled. You asked i become a VIP to part out and I did it right away. No problem... Just before I started this reply I went to the classifieds and counted the posts on the first page. 24 posts and 8 of them from ONE member. I didnt check them all, but the ones I did check, you can guess what the majority of the posts were. TTT!!! Thanks for all you do here and I (among many others) appreciate the hard work ALL of the volunteers put in.

you now the dumbest part about that? 3/8 of his threads are for selling TRACKS... i mean WHAT THE #$%&* you cant combine those into ONE!?

note: i checked them all, they all say "Ttt Ttt"..... :o|

Sled Dog said:
If those non VIP members get caught using PM to sell parts there is going to be some serious consequences.

There is no way to track that.

Not that I see on any site I've modded or admined on. That's why they are Private messages.

It's slippery slope, and not 100% fool proof in any form. Most forums make you understand that its not the forums responsibility for any transactions on the site. Buyer beware, and knowledge is power. Also, people on forums know that bad transactions that could have been avoided in one way or another are not something anyone wants to deal with.

I've seen members from other parts of the world tracking down deadbeat sellers and or buyers.

Last edited:
BETHEVIPER said:
The bump thing your talking about has always agravated me which is why I try to keep everything in on large post. From time to time, I'll post a separate thread to move something I just got in to get the larger parts of it moving. On the 4 stroke side I keep a few threads going, some I just let phaze out. I bump them once in a while. One day I counted 13 threads TTT of one seller directly after I had added to my thread. I find it easier to have the bulk of my parts in one thread, I can send others there with a single link. I do this by accually helping people with their sleds, not just selling. On both sides of this, I have had people I know I have spent time helping buy a part from someone else to save 10bucks(wish I kept a list so I could make sure and never help them again) to the other side I have people tell me they could have bought it cheaper from someone else but I helped them out so they bought it from me.

I think the 15$ to sell off your sledparts is a bargain, go sell 1000$ worth of parts on ebay and tell me what they charged you?

this will decrease the amount of sellers for smaller things like a cover, winshield, helix etc. Maybe you could change it to if your going to sell more than 150$ worth of stuff, you must be a vip. This would allow the members the chance to buy that 25$ helix from someone as well as show that non vip member just how fast stuff sells on this site making him more apt to become a member and sell off the rest of his sled when he is ready. I know I will miss those guys that have only posted a few times that have sold me thousands of dollars worth of stuff over the years that now just wont bother.

Thats all my thoughts, usless as they are.

Thanks for the site and if you profit from it, GOOD! it is your site, your work, your profit should be yours. Never, never let anyone tell you you should not profit and that greed is evil. Evil is someone who wants you to not profit from your work.
"Money is the root of all good" Rand

Yep, I like the idea about small time sellers but that would have to be watched pretty closely.

Otherwise, that is a chink in the armor of this idea, as I pointed out before.

Craigslist is free, and people search for parts for specific sleds. Barely any private sellers ebay now compared to using CL. Ebay makes enough $$ and shipping stuff,a nd then having hassles with buyers or sellers not accurately describing or being too picky or not smart enough to know what they bought is another ebay issue.

Crewchief47 sums it up perfectly in my view.I cannot fathom how Tom finds the time to take care of this site even if it were all he did for a living and its not.I believe all of us here have easily gotten $15 worth of help from this site and those who have contributed help have had that rewarded with ten fold the help in return.Of course when a idea is born even collectivly the thought of making a profit on it almost always comes with it and that hopefully will continue since it is what made our country great.So say you want to sell a idea whether it be a whole product or just your stuff laying around.Now it will be legit.$15 for the guy just selling his stuff and $350 a year for the business which is what you are when you are selling alot or hope to.Simple.Easy for everyone to understand and the $ you spent gives you a stake in it.For sure it will make it easier to watch since those posting will want to protect the stake here they have bought.I am hoping that the very reasonable fees will be like in my city where they have Business "incubators".Areas where the city offers tax incentives and building at a very reasonable rate to attract entrepreneurs and promote their business along with help in starting legitimately.Is alot of very smart people on this site and this may be the way for them to start something that could help us all.

I have always wondered why not make it so, one has to have 50-100 posts before being allowed to make a new topic in the classifieds. This would show that you have taken the time to be an active member.

IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING SUPPORT IT.
Thank You Mr. Sled for creating this site, and all the members that have helped me, and shared there knowledge with me, and keep me where i belong, in the backcountry.
THANKS TEAM!!!

15$ is just Money, I took my sled to shop once for minor clutching, and the bill was a hell of alot more than 15$, after this I decided that dropping my sled at sled shops wasn't for me. The information on Yamaha's on this site far exceeds the knowledge of my Mechanics, and this site has helped me be able to hands on fix almost everything to date myself.

And when i had my 1st issue the other day TY Members were quick to reply. I really Appreciate this, If I still have my Yamaha Next season or I get My Raptor this Summer, I will be interested in becoming a VIP member. Not to sell part's, but after a year of using this site i feel I owe it to the team to keep this site going.

The member's are what make it, ;)!
now ask yourself if there's a better yamaha knowledge-base out there ;)! :dunno:

Last edited:
I've been a life member for quite a while.... I chose to be a life member because I thought it was a GREAT SITE and a WEALTH of INFORMATION... Tom isn't one of my FAVORITE people and,, quite frankly,, he doesn't approve of the way I run things either.... Needless to say, this is HIS WEBSITE and he has to control what happens on this website... APPARENTLY there are those who want to post classified ads and RIP PEOPLE OFF... SURELY a better answer is to FIND OUT WHO THE SCUMBAGS ARE and go to their houses and give them an ADJUSTMENT ( if you know what I mean).. but.. the local laws and the "logistics of it prevent the FAIR AND SQUARE people from doing that.. I've gotten RIPPED OFF a few times from "so called friends" and it doesn't feel too good !!!! I'm SURE if this turns into a BAD IDEA,, it will be RE ADDRESSED by Tom and the moderators... If you part out MULTIPLE SLEDS you are making a KILLING, PROBABLY NOT PAYING TAXES and therefore have just about NOTHING to bitch about ...

$15 is a cheap price for the VIP membership but will be paying for my life membership by the end of summer, best site on the internet

i just payed my $15 for VIP, this site is nothing like the other forums. its better and its saved me more than $15 many times. thanks

SX_SLAYER said:
BUT I ABSO-FREAKIN-LUTLY HATE how when i post a classified ad, within 2 hours it has been shoved to the bottom by ONE (not saying any names) member who insists on bumping 8.... E-I-G-H-T of his own threads. this has happened multiple times...

how am i or anyone else supposed to get rid of anything when we have people doing this!?

Mabey the classifieds can be limited to one post/bump per day. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back