Musselman's SRX Project

Just an update, found out what caused my sx to lose a cylinder. Turns out a corner of one of the reed stoppers broke off and trashed the pto cylinder, Can't believe it.

Update on the srx, got the power rak installed and tightend along with the steering column

IMG_5074.jpg

Also rolled out the edges on my running boards and added the artic cat edges

IMG_5072.jpg

IMG_5075.jpg

Also started stripping the tunnel, it can slowly start going back together now

IMG_5076.jpg

IMG_5077.jpg

Here's an update on the SRX project, put on the trailing arms from my sx since they are nice a straight with no rust. Mounted up the fox floats and tightened up the rest of the steering components.

IMG_5086.jpg

Also started to tear down the engine, looks like the cranks seals were leaking,

IMG_5083.jpg

IMG_5084.jpg

I also found some bearing chatter marks which I am not sure how to deal with,

IMG_5090.jpg

Got the fox floats off of ebay, they are from a newer firecat. They are 17.5" long and they won't fit unless you widen your stance to at least 44".

You can also use floats off a new phazer if you widen your stance to 42".

Finally some progress on the srx, it was pushed aside while I was working on the vmax xt.

Found out that electric start will not fit with sno tek rack steering. I had to modify a couple support brackets and shim the front of the motor about 1/8" to get the starter to clear.

Got the bottom end assembled with the new seals and got the left motor mount modified and the starter bolted on:

IMG_5175.jpg

IMG_5174.jpg

Got my 8" rear wheels from tricked toys:

IMG_5173.jpg

Also picked up some aaen pipes which will allow me to run a battery in the normal spot along with reverse. Just have to figure out the wiring now:

IMG_5171.jpg

IMG_5172.jpg

Finally got my electric start wired up, took me a while to figure out the wiring but it's pretty easy now that I look at it. Everything seems to work as a normal ER equipped sled, the valves open when the key is turned on as well, nice. I'll get some pictures of my temporary connections so everyone can see.

musselman said:
Here is a video of the servo humming, it's quiet so it's hard to hear. I also left the key on for a minute or two to see if there was a timeout but it kept going.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPJ1vLxb8l4

All three of my vipers with add on e start do the same thing. Just a low hum. Does not pull and always resets to the same mark when turning on each time. Been running it this way for 2 seasons now on 2 of them and no problems. Im going to say normal. Might have somthing to do with them being add on e starts?? Chris

HOW do you widen the stance to fit the floats? IS there a kit to buy? IF so where do I get it? I have a viper by the way is there a difference?

Back