Musselman's SRX Project

YZViper366 said:
HOW do you widen the stance to fit the floats? IS there a kit to buy? IF so where do I get it? I have a viper by the way is there a difference?
I widened the stance with a "sno-tek power rak" kit. This widened the stance to 44" however this kit is no longer made. I think there are still some kits out there you just might have to search.

I will get some pictures up tonight, it's not finished but it's good enough to ride. The snow came so fast I just slapped it together best I could and have put on about 1500 km. Going to do that RAP tour next week so hopefully it will get through that without any issues.

I'm sure i saw you at the haliburton forest on saturday march 3rd. I had my viper parked at the pump waiting for them to come turn the pumps on. I was eyeing up your work, looks good!

Yah I remember seeing a viper there while part of our group on polaris sleds was waiting to get gas. I was admiring your polished tunnel. What a crazy windy day though!

Man, I promised to get some pics up a while ago, just been too busy riding while the snow is here. I will try and get some up asap.

It needs a little elbow grease lol. About an hour prior to that i hit an aluminum boat burried in the snow at the shore of little redstone lake (near kenesis) doin 40 k, over the handle bars (at least the sled's fine) Who leaves a boat burried in snow? Anyways yea it was a windy day but still got some good riding in, hope you did as well.

Oh man I hate that boat, it looks like so many people have hit the corner of it.

You know what, I didn't even notice the monoshock. I was looking at it from the right side and the skid must have been full of snow. How does it ride? My buddies black XT that was there has a 136" monoshock and he hasn't got it dialed in yet.

Here are some pictures of the last weekend:

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

musselman said:
Oh man I hate that boat, it looks like so many people have hit the corner of it.

You know what, I didn't even notice the monoshock. I was looking at it from the right side and the skid must have been full of snow. How does it ride? My buddies black XT that was there has a 136" monoshock and he hasn't got it dialed in yet.

Yea I don't normally ride out that way, but I was riding from a buddies cottage in minden.

I didn't really screw around with mine alot, kinda performed the way i like it the way i got it. I just dialed a little more transfer into the transfer rod, left the spring settings alone and I adjust the stiffness with the dial. In all honesty I barely touch it either. But tell your buddy there is a bit more info on the 4 stroke side, just have to do a lot of searching but mainly its all personal preference I guess.

Both those sleds look great the way they are set up. If people like us keep putting modern seats and risers on our trusty old Yamaha's they will be seen on the trails for many years to come. I was thinking of buying a newer 4 stroke sled next year, but after riding with my new seat and shocks combined with the crappy winter I just don't know if I want to spend the money anymore. I could just buy another nice older sled with low miles and do what you have done. There's a lot of 8-10 year old sleds out there for sale with less than 2000 miles on them.

Great pics

How are those fox floats workin out musselman?? Sweet *** rides their for sure. Did you end up making custom radius rods for that or did you use that bracket thing (cant remember name of it).

I really like the floats, I can plow through any size bumps and the front never bottoms. The radius rods I have on there are part of a sno-tek kit with a rack steering system.

imo thats the best looking srx on ty. not a fan of the billet wheels but yeah. amatosrx's whiteout srx comes close behind

It's not nearly done yet, kind of just half assed a few things so I could get out and ride. I will get some detailed pics of it once the snow melts off next week.

Back