Musselman's SRX Project

musselman

Since my 99 sx decided to die on me halfway through the winter I had to buy something else to replace it. I found a completely stock 02' srx with fairly high miles and ok shape. Here are some pictures of what I started with:

IMG_4809.jpg

IMG_4810.jpg

I rode it for one weekend like that and it every muscle in my body was aching. Added my pro-x seat from my sx as well as my skis and hand gaurds. Also added viper shocks to the rear and flipped the brackets up front.

IMG_4820.jpg

IMG_4860.jpg

During the summer I'm going to completely strip it down and clean everything since it is very dirty. I will add my 144" M-10, sno-tek power rak and many other things. Stay tuned for progress.

looking good. put some fox floats from a phazer on the front of that thing it will put the front of the sled where it should be when you put your M10 in there. this is the same setup i have on my SRX/ProjectX7.

I was going to try and run the phazer GYTR shocks I bought off you. I'll need to make some room for the ressie but other than that they should work. I haven't had much luck finding and fox floats from a phazer though.

it is looking good hope it all comes together over the summer. I was going to do the same thing with them clickers but never had time to mess with them.

im lookin to upgrade my 01 sxr shocks but dont realy know what options i have with the weird top mount i know the shaft eye has threads can i have someone change them for me i been wonderin for awhile would love to know

find a set of viper shocks they will bolt right on for you. and if you want a real good set find some Ohlins off a viper S

Looks good, I'd love to find a completely stock SRX, I wouldn't change anything about it. I'd ride it stock and keep it till the day I die.

For the trails I ride the stock suspension did not fare so well along with the low seating position. I know it's supposed to be a lake racer but with a good amount of work I think I can make it into the ultimate cross over trail sled. At least that's my goal.

Here some end of season pics of my old sx and the srx:

IMG_4938.jpg

IMG_4941.jpg

Here is my boss seat that's going to replace my pro-x seat. The only reason i'm switching it over is because of more storage for long trips. I wonder how well it will fit to the tank though :o|

IMG_4949.jpg

Here are some updates to my project:

Got the chassis stripped down and cleaned up the best I could. It didn't clean up as good as my sx because there was a lot of corrosion as well as dirt but what can you do. Got the sno-tek power rak mounted up temporarily and it's a good thing I did that because I found out it's a trail king 44" and not a 42" like I though. My phazer shocks are way to short now. I ordered a set of firecat fox floats which are 17.5" long. My viper shocks fit no problem so I wanted it a bit higher for the M-10 in the rear.

IMG_4989.jpg

IMG_4991.jpg

IMG_4990.jpg

Got a package in the mail today, didn't think it would come that fast
These are brand new still in the package with the airpump and stickers and everything:

IMG_5000.jpg

Here is one shock mounted up, I decreased the pressure to 30 psi and it feels nice and soft, way better than the viper shock on the other side.

IMG_5002.jpg

IMG_5001.jpg

Back