Another track question: Kimpex vs Camoplast

ski_doo1200

Camoplast Energy or Kimpex Ultimate Traxtion: Been told Kimpex tracks are not very good. The Camoplast, though, is only clipped every 3 drive hole.

Any preferences or comments on these 2 brands?

Jim.

I put a new kimpex ultimate traxtion on my wifes viper 2 seasons ago predrilled for studs. Very nice track imo. I ran 120 down the middle with double backers on the ends and it hooks up real nice. It is fully clipped also. I got mine new for about $350 from the local salvage yard guy that buys over runs and stuff. Granted my wife does not run hard but everytime i used it i was pretty happy with it. I will also look at these again when i get a track for my daughters viper. Do a search i have seen that other guys have been happy with thes tracks also. chris

x2. i have a 3/4" kimpex ultimate traxion on my srx with 144 studs and it works real well. no complaints.

Last edited:
Contact Bruce at CB performance or richierich on here, they can get you a Camoplast CHEAPER than a KIMPEX through DK or PU. I am spoiled by the camoplast hacksaw with the "tracktion" control system. My Blue viper currently has a Ripsaw, great track, nice big lugs but IMO you get a hair of push due to the aggressive lugs, hence the hacksaw.

My .02

that just might be my next track looks pretty good BLUE! ;)!

Last edited:
It's wraped w/ Kelvar to boot. Not alot of stretch w/ this bad boy. Mine is a 1 inch. The 1.2 aggressor would obvously be even better. It's not the cheapest, but will be the last. Ya get what ya pay for.....as far as tracks go.

Last edited:
i think next yr i will be doing the big track change as well. Currently i am running the stock conveyor belt track it came with and 144 pics is spins constantly and when i brake i think it actually speeds up ,cant understand how i havent wrapped it around a tree its loose everywhere . When i follow friends in the trail i have to stay several lengths behind as im afraid i will run right up on them . So iz it safe to say the hacksaw is the best choice?

so far the Kimpex Traxtion track is holding up great.It is a strong looking track and sure looks like it will outlast the Predator track I had that didn't last to long.

Let me Guess, Kimpex ? What Model. The comoplast have staggered lugs.. a full width lug must be heavier.. but only time and riding could tell how it works ..compared to others..

Back