95 VMAX 4 800 updates

its not the HP..the vmax is just that fast...its the whole package deal..Hey there are guys out there that have beating Apex's with there SRX's.The Apex I believe are around 150 HP.The vmax4-8's are supposed to be well over 150HP..truth be told..Mr Sled just told us he can beat the SRX and Apex with no issue's..what more do you need to know....

bluemonster1 said:
its not the HP..the vmax is just that fast...its the whole package deal..Hey there are guys out there that have beating Apex's with there SRX's.The Apex I believe are around 150 HP.The vmax4-8's are supposed to be well over 150HP..truth be told..Mr Sled just told us he can beat the SRX and Apex with no issue's..what more do you need to know....

Right ;)!

HAD MY 95 DYNOED IN 1995 FOR THE AMERICAN SNOWMOBILER MAGAZINE SHOOTOUT. SLED WAS BRAND NEW AND MADE 151 @8350. THESE SLEDS WERE WICKED FAST BUT DOWN FALL WAS EXTREME WEIGHT. MIGHT BE HEAVIEST SNOWMOBILE EVER MADE. 3:16 (yammie tony)

judgeing by the posted weights on the amsnow shootouts, they were lighter than one of the other big bore sleds of the time and pretty close to the others. I think it was the storm that was heavier, and close to the mach z

Vmax 4

These sleds are very heavy, it is there downfall but for smooth open trails they are still lots of fun to ride. I have to post a picture of my 94 750 that i have had for a long time, 136 track, m-10, psi mod blasters and 180 fire and sports a 2 up seat!!! turns a lot of heads when i pull into a parking lot with girlfriend on the back. It will hold its own with any new sled!! can dump most on the lake with passenger on the back

jsand117 said:
These sleds are very heavy, it is there downfall but for smooth open trails they are still lots of fun to ride. I have to post a picture of my 94 750 that i have had for a long time, 136 track, m-10, psi mod blasters and 180 fire and sports a 2 up seat!!! turns a lot of heads when i pull into a parking lot with girlfriend on the back. It will hold its own with any new sled!! can dump most on the lake with passenger on the back

Very cool, you will have to get a picture posted ;)!

the polaris strom are heavier than the vmax4 and the maq z doo is not much lighter, these sleds are still the boss today in the right hands and the only motor in the sled industrie than can take 50lbs of boast and not blow the case apart so if u want to build a real dragster that stands up vmax4 engine go to vmax4.com and the cover pic says it all about some one who had something to prove the the rest of the no sayers vmax4 ruels period

I'd like to set mine up like yours if you're beating SRX's and Apex's, mine runs good, but not that good. Thanks.

MountainRx1 said:
What did you do to dial it in? What's your clutch setup in yours? Thanks.

Its a Secrete ;)! I just tuned it, I would have to actually look at all the work that was done, thin head gasket, machined spider... ;)!

Hmmmm....You can't keep a secret from a fellow 4 owner...Lol I'd like to know what it takes to make one run.

MountainRx1 said:
Hmmmm....You can't keep a secret from a fellow 4 owner...Lol I'd like to know what it takes to make one run.

In Novi at a snow show. I will see what we put in for final numbers and get back with you.

The seat;I can't believe there have not been more questions about the seat! Did you do it your self? Pay to have it done? Take the old cover off or just add on top? I have been thinking about building a seat like that for 96 Mountain Max 600 and would love to hear your details. Please!

Excitabletom said:
The seat;I can't believe there have not been more questions about the seat! Did you do it your self? Pay to have it done? Take the old cover off or just add on top? I have been thinking about building a seat like that for 96 Mountain Max 600 and would love to hear your details. Please!

I had it done at a place in Green Bay WI. They made a custom cover and added the foam and reshaped the seat.

MountainRx1 said:
Did you get a chance to look at your setup in the Vmax4? Thanks.

I have been so busy with the site and trying to get my other sleds ready for the snow... I will get the cover off soon, sorry for the delay.

This is what we have .030 off the spider, thin head gasket 89A-10 with 4.5g outer hole, 3.1g inner, Pink Primary, 45/41 helix with red secondary spring.

Back