Goodyear Dura-tracs's

motorhead327 said:
Ended up with the Kelly Safari TSR. Mounted good, balanced o.k for a tire of this size, and has just a little hum down the freeway. Size is LT 285/70/17. Load range D.

Bring on the snow! Ya have to expect a hum w/ tires this blocky. O-well, turn up the radio.

A couple of bucks said:
Bring on the snow! Ya have to expect a hum w/ tires this blocky. O-well, turn up the radio.

Yea, I can't wait to truck on into work in the a.m. with these tires. Im not bothered by the road noise at all. Its so slight with this type of tire, its amazing! I really like the full cut tread and the sipping. Most brands only cut the water channels half way, so it renders the tire useless at 50% at treadlife. Not these..it reminds me of an atv mx tire!!

A couple of bucks said:
Did ya get enough snow to put the TSRs to the test?

Iv'e been waiting for snow all winter!! Between pulling the sled out early, installing the snow blower on the lawn tractor, and buying these tires I really want snow!! Along with everyone on this site. :letitsnow

Attachments

• groover.jpg
    groover.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 2
Got Dura tracs on my F350 and love them.. Great in the snow and seem to be stable as my truck sits pretty high. Did notice a slight drop in fuel millage when I put them on though. The diesel pushes them through alot of stuff and they just seem to pull through.. Good tire in my opinion..

I only ran duratracs on my 2008 sierra usually get around 110,000km out of a set they are amazing in the winter, have now picked up a newer f150 and duratracs will be going on it aswell.

20180219-150515.jpg

20191214-080233.jpg

I have a fresh set of Duratracs on my 08 Honda Ridgeline. These are non LT 245 70 R 17, they run much larger then any other set of tires this size. They ride very well. My last LT set rode harsh so I didn’t not get LTs this time with No regrets. They look awesome, and I really enjoy the sense of confidence and durability when offroading.

Now the cons. They are loud as hell, and even with only 5000 kms they are not very impressive for winter driving . Got used to them, but the mountain and snow flake on the side wall is BS to me.

Don't know if I'd buy them again. Time will tell

Last edited:

Back