Goodyear Dura-tracs's

bolin22

Just got the new 285/75/16 GY duratracs studded snow tires to go with the new SLM deck! talk about stoked! THe best part is they are callin for 4-6" of snow over 6500ft tonight and winter storm advisory for all passes. BRing on the winter folks! :letitsnow

bolin22 said:
THe best part is they are callin for 4-6" of snow over 6500ft tonight and winter storm advisory for all passes. BRing on the winter folks! :letitsnow

i think i can speak for everyone on this site that are still wearing shorts and running air conditioners when i say "you &%$$@#@&!" ;)! jk

cant imagine riding in august!! send some this way (east coast) if you get the chance!! i would love a white september :letitsnow :letitsnow :brr :brr

i loved them on my 98 k1500 with the studs. only ran them one season as i bought a 2010 silverado and they have 17" rims. brother is still using them on his 03 sierra and loves the traction.

Duratrac's are awesome tires. Even with 33/12.50's on my Ranger, which is a pretty light truck, I can go just about anywhere. Winter traction is incredible on these tires even without studs.

Im also in the process of tire shopping for my Z-71. Was looking at the duratracs, kelly safari tsr, Nitto terra grappler, or the famous BFG T/A KO. Does anyone know about the Fierce Attitude tires made by goodyear as well?

That's what I heard, plus they look badass. I put 285/75-16s on my '98 K1500 and while they look awesome and are suprisingly quiet, they really made the truck unstable. It's a load range E tire on a half ton truck and even empty it's squirmy as all hell. To say the least, I'm apprehensive to see what happens when I put my car trailer behind it now. At least when I head to the mountains it should be solid. Funny thing about the tread width is that it was the same as my old 265s. I've also read though that they do get better when you wear the tread down some.

Mine have gotten much better with a little wear. They're at about 75% now and road manners are great. I have a buddy that put 265/75/16's on his 2000 Silverado and he has no complaints. As I stated above, my truck is light being a Ranger but it is still heavy enough to do scary things on taller tires. One thing to remember is my truck is lifted and it is narrow... even on stock tires it makes for crappy road manners. I feel just as comfortable on the 33" Duratracs as I did on the 245/75/16's that came stock. The little bit of squirm that I did feel went away after 1,000 miles of driving.

DSC_0599-2.jpg

They look kinda small in this pic haha!

DSC_0596-3.jpg

Last edited:
motorhead327 said:
Im also in the process of tire shopping for my Z-71. Was looking at the duratracs, kelly safari tsr, Nitto terra grappler, or the famous BFG T/A KO. Does anyone know about the Fierce Attitude tires made by goodyear as well?

Have had the Kellys on another truck and they are really good. They wear like IRON. Lasted along time for that type of tire.......chunky,block design. Plowed with em even.

bolin22 said:
Just got the new 285/75/16 GY duratracs studded snow tires to go with the new SLM deck! talk about stoked! THe best part is they are callin for 4-6" of snow over 6500ft tonight and winter storm advisory for all passes. BRing on the winter folks! :letitsnow
your damn lucky man! i can only wish upon a snow god!!! :letitsnow

A couple of bucks said:
Have had the Kellys on another truck and they are really good. They wear like IRON. Lasted along time for that type of tire.......chunky,block design. Plowed with em even.

Was that for the safari tsr? Another tire with great reviews is the Cooper AT3 and the ST maxx.

motorhead327 said:
Was that for the safari tsr? Another tire with great reviews is the Cooper AT3 and the ST maxx.

Yes it was the TSR. I have the Cooper AT3 on my truck now. Pretty sure the Kellys are gonna come out on top as far a longevity. Both are A#1. That is a tough pick between the two......I'd still have to give it to the Kellys.

A couple of bucks said:
SX700triple.......those look GREAT. Just one thing I was wondering about......................a cemetary?????
Yeah a cemetary. They make great places for photos when its sunny out... And even when its not. I've always found them to be pretty peaceful and very relaxing. Just you and millions of dusty old bones haha!

Well, I didn't go withn the duratracs but went with its brother. Ended up with the Kelly Safari TSR. Mounted good, balanced o.k for a tire of this size, and has just a little hum down the freeway. Size is LT 285/70/17. Load range D.

Back