Wifes Viper

Mine could have been like that for quite some time, but you don't see that unless your drive line is taken out. Mine could have happened when my bolts broke off in the front pto side motor mount and all the strain went to the back?

my reworked srx water rail. not the same way most do it. I took the easy way out instead of making it exit like the stock head
001-6.jpg

heres a close up of the reworked SRX rail connected. if I were to do it again I'd roll the elbow down a little to line up better with the T-stat housing. I built the rail while everything was apart and just put it square with the rail as a guess. it works but could be neater. the elbow is an old viper rear crossover tube.
008-5.jpg

ran it yesterday at the newport radar runs. gave me a chance to play with the clutching some. the runs were at newports 660ft drag racing track. their season ended a few weeks ago. this event was a breast cancer benefit which is why my wife couldn't ride this sled this season and therefore became mine due to my obsession with having to mod all things with engines. now I have to find her another sled for next year. did a best of 98.4 in 660ft. which tied for the fastest speed in the class. it's still got more in it, got some changes to make.
here's a vid of a couple runs, first one is the 98.4 run second was 98.2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_oZ...DvjVQa1PpcFOrnH_cbovDxlZHNbi_QnroERG9kS2dSlk=

pulled the Viper out of storage yesterday. Going to run it in the superstock trail class at a grass drag up this way on friday. need to pull off the speed track and run a trail track for the class. also need to change the jetting, clutching and gearing. Also noticed there's some antifreeze dripping off both running board exchangers at the very front. the coolant bottle went down about an inch over the summer. need to track down where thats coming from. hopefully its just the hose connections corroded.

viper002.jpg

found the leaks. the mounting braces inside the tunnel for the rear skid mount rubbed pinholes in both exchangers. looks like I need to bring my hood home from work tomorrow and fire up the high-freq.

that was heavy hitters with their 150/300 spring, 48/38 helix, green secondary spring.

Suspension was lowered down, with a speed track and ice picks, geared for 660.

exact same setup at a different track last year only went 93. I was geared 2 teeth higher on the top though. I had geared for 1000ft but due to ice conditions the event got cut back to 660ft at the last minute and it just got overlooked until afterward :o| It was also on the gun instead of timers so the reason for the speed change is a matter of speculation.

Last edited:
Now that the race sled is getting close to running I won't be doing double duty with this sled any more. It will just be my trail sled so some changes are in the works. Right now the top-end is out to Mrviper for a checkup. I just got a 136 mono with a hygear shock setup from a friend of mine. That will be going in soon. I'll be selling off the sc10III with 3 different torsion springs, wahl anti stab wheels, new rear shock, new slides and the practically new Kimpex ultimate traction with 144 studs as a package deal. if anyone is interested pm me.
I also would like to add reverse and possibly electric start, although starting really hasn't been an issue i'd like to add HID's so since I need a battery might as well not have to pull start it;)! She'll probably be a heavy pig when it's done but we'll see how far I get.....one bridge at a time.

Last edited:
picked up a few more goodies for it. I got a chassis from BTV that's in better shape than mine. Also got a MT Viper extension and a mono template from 03viperguy. I'm planning on not using the extra idler shaft though and moving the wheels to the rear mounting shaft so I'll probably have to move the mounting locations back some from the template.

So I was supposed to have the weekend free of working on OPJ (other peoples Junk) so I though I'd get some work done on this blister. Well a buddy came in with his Apex skid in 4 pieces so I spent most of Saturday working on that and then I drank. So today I started working on my junk. Got the mono locations all drilled and backing plates installed. Started switching parts over from the old chassis. Eventually got my butt kicked by the last bolt on one of the lower radius rods. Got the nut off but it's froze in the radius rod and won't come out. Soaked it with weasel piss and we'll see how it goes tomorrow. So I started drinking again. Next step is to cut a hole in the belly pan so I can beat it out with a hammer. I thought about doing it today but the old sled is flat on the floor because the new chassis is on the lift. The floor keeps getting further away the older I get. Can you tell I've been drinkin, I've got blabber-fingers...haha pics to come when I can see straight

Back