yamaha oil...

were is this oil cable? and now that i thought of it i probably get 2to 3 tanks out of it but i don"t remember from last year! and how can i tell it is stuck open :o| i hope it is not because i am tired of haveing my dad fix this stuff1(shore he is to)

Last edited:
SRX500kid said:
ok i bet you guys wont like this, BUT all i did with my dads 2 sleds is put stable marine formula in the gas, and i go out and start them about once or twice evey 2 weekes! :p they both start right up and i let them run for like 5 to 10 min. is this ok? if not please tell me.
my sled (2000 sx500r)
my dads sled :o| (98 articat cougar dlx 550) :o|
i told him to go with a yami but did not listen!
:yam: :yam:
The WORST THING you can do is start them up every once every two weeks... you NEED to put them through a DUTY CYCLE,,, like driving them around for a half hour or so... A By Product of combustion is WATER.... EVERYTHING doesn't reach operating temperatures enough to remove the moisture....It sits in the engine and DESTROYS the bearings... kinda RUSTS THEM REALLY BAD...ALCOHOL in GASOILNE ATTRACTS WATER.. The water turns into BOOGERS and plugs your pilot jets. STABIL OR NOT you have a LEAN CONDITION.. ESPECIALLY if you don't clean out the carbs EVERY SEASON !!!!! Here's the skinny on Yamalube..... CITGO makes YAMALUBE.. it is the EXACT SAME STUFF as about FIFTEEN OTHER BRANDS.. SAME VAT AND SAME DRUMS OF OIL.... I looked at farm and Fleet today and saw it for 15.00 a gallon.. SAME STUFF as YAMALUBE....

88 yamaha 570 said:
this oil is 12 USD a gallon, yamalube i get from a guy i know who owns a used sled and repair shop gives me a deal, and i would pay 29 a gallon for yamalube
I can get KLOTZ for the same money.. Why would you use that YAMALUBE JUNK ???

nosboyracing said:
The WORST THING you can do is start them up every once every two weeks... you NEED to put them through a DUTY CYCLE,,, like driving them around for a half hour or so... A By Product of combustion is WATER.... EVERYTHING doesn't reach operating temperatures enough to remove the moisture....It sits in the engine and DESTROYS the bearings... kinda RUSTS THEM REALLY BAD...ALCOHOL in GASOILNE ATTRACTS WATER.. The water turns into BOOGERS and plugs your pilot jets. STABIL OR NOT you have a LEAN CONDITION.. ESPECIALLY if you don't clean out the carbs EVERY SEASON !!!!! Here's the skinny on Yamalube..... CITGO makes YAMALUBE.. it is the EXACT SAME STUFF as about FIFTEEN OTHER BRANDS.. SAME VAT AND SAME DRUMS OF OIL.... I looked at farm and Fleet today and saw it for 15.00 a gallon.. SAME STUFF as YAMALUBE....
DUDE, i run them for ten to fifteen minutes each time. i cant ride them because they will tare up the "F"ING lawn! i make sure every thing is warmed up! all they do is sit in the enclosed trailer. plus my tank is on "E" so. I THINK RUNNING THEM EVRY DAMN WEEK IS BETTER THEN FOGGING THEM AND LETTING THEM SIT AND DO NOTHING!!!!!!! :eek: SO YOU POEPLE TELL ME WHAT IS BETTER RUNNING THE DAMN THING OR LETTING IT SIT!!!!!!!!!! :lol: #$%&* #$%&* :die:

SRX500kid said:
SO YOU POEPLE TELL ME WHAT IS BETTER RUNNING THE DAMN THING OR LETTING IT SIT!!!!!!!!!! :lol: #$%&* #$%&* :die:

Yep.... A properly fogged engine can pretty much sit forever. 15 minutes of idling gets the top of the engine hot, but the crankcase is barely up to temp. Guess where all the water sits, and where your bearings live...

Were Do You Think Your Damn Water Sits When It Is Fogged? Guess What Same Damn Place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they both start right up and i let them run for like 5 to 10 min. is this ok? if not please tell me.

You asked for a opinion, You got some.

apparently fogging the sled will prevent water from building up in the bearings, id much rather fog it then start it every few weeks

thank you guys for helping me. i will cool it down! i will fog the motors next summer. sorry for the language. for the oil i think that it is only good for 80hp is not entirely true. my dad uses in his 19ft nitro bass boat with a 125hp on it. and it runs fine, my point of view is oil is oil. but that is not true also. when it comes to two stroke oil, pick what you think is the best and go from there. thank you for helping me!

ya im probably gonna run it till i find out if i got bad oil pump, is there any way to tell? it seems to smoke allot, i just finished paying it off and brought it home today and it smokes way more than my 500 twin

smokingcrater said:
Yep.... A properly fogged engine can pretty much sit forever. 15 minutes of idling gets the top of the engine hot, but the crankcase is barely up to temp. Guess where all the water sits, and where your bearings live...
ABSOLUTELY CORRECT !!!

Back