yamaha oil...

nosboy said:
Dd you know that ETHANOL is around ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY OCTANE????

UP TO that, depending on blend. In real life its more around 110 average. (The more water it has pulled out the atmosphere, the higher the octane...) In a properly tuned engine with a turbo, e85 is rocket fuel! You just have to spray LOTS of it in, but you get lower combustion temperatures, and can go crazy with the timing.

88 yamaha 570 said:
what do you mean by it? use it to store a sled?
NO . I just thought I'd throw that in because of someone else shooting at ETHANOL..

ya im just gonna run the walmart stuff till i know if my oil pumps bad, dont need to waste a gallon of yamalube to find out...

Last edited by a moderator:
88 yamaha 570 said:
ya im probably gonna run it till i find out if i got bad oil pump, is there any way to tell? it seems to smoke allot, i just finished paying it off and brought it home today and it smokes way more than my 500 twin
Smoking is actually good for the motor as opposed to not enough oil.. Yes, it will cost you a few dollars more to feed her oil,,but, better safe than sorry...

88 yamaha 570 said:
ya im just gonna run the walmart stuff till i know if my oil pumps bad, dont need to waste a gallon of yamalube to find out...
If you threw the Yamalube in the garbage ( where it belongs) you STILL wouldn't be wasting it!!!

nosboy said:
Smoking is actually good for the motor as opposed to not enough oil.. Yes, it will cost you a few dollars more to feed her oil,,but, better safe than sorry...
ya but if its bad and dumping too much oil i dont want to waste money, i want to replace it lol

88 yamaha 570 said:
Apparently ,,,you haven't been listening to what people are telling you.. WALMART and YAMALUBE is the SAME CRAP...

lol, i didn't hear anyone say walmart and yamalube were the same, i must not have read right, but i want to replace the pump if its bad lol

know one has answer the question: how can you tell the oil pump is bad? i dont know my self. can any one help me and 88 Yamaha 570???????

One of my best freinds is an A.S.E. certified mechanic, He runs his own transmission shop. He has an 2001 sxr 700 that has run wally world oil all its life. At 7,000 miles one of the non pressed on crank bearings went bad. Tore down and replaced only that bearing. At 12,000 there was an issue with cooling system and he rode it 18 miles home, The "red head" was pitch black! complete rebuild was necesarry. Keep in mind this sled Air box gutted & rejetted. Has tripple pipes and can. Every mile on this sled has ben riddrn like it was stolen! I have an 00 srx and the girlfreind rides an 00 sxr, I run amsoil interceptor due to powervalves on my sled and dont want to buy 2 different oils

ya well i just pulled the motor on the srx if you guys want to see some pics of it when i crack the crank case ill send a link to the rebuild, prolly gonna run walmart oil on all sleds except the srx, ill run amsoil because my boss is a dealer for it

88 yamaha 570 said:
ill run amsoil because my boss is a dealer for it

Does he have a 55 gallon barrel that one can just bring in an empty container. I know of a group in our Tri-County snowmobile club that purchaces a 55 gal drum(interceptor) and sells to the members for pretty much cost. I want to say $30/gal. Which if ya run Amsoil, seems to be a great deal.

no he doesn't do drum, not yet at least, he just started building a 10 bay garage on one of the power line trails so he might get one then, but yeah he gets pretty good deals on gallons

I shopped around quite a bit and even looked up the amsoil dealers in the area on line. Sled Shed in gaylord sells Yamalube 29.00 a gallon, Tims tire and off road in mancelona (co owner of T&R Yamaha) sells Amsoil Interceptor 28.00 a gallon! Better oil, closer to home at a better price......AND IT SMELLS SO GOOD!

Back