"black srx project"

i powdercoated my heads tonight with mirror black turened out awesome. here is a sneek of the motor. also polished up some parts for the next project. and here is apic of my last sled i built. i ordered a custom led smoke taillight for the seat today should look real nice.

Attachments

• black srx heads (2).jpg
    black srx heads (2).jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 29
  • black srx tank (2).jpg
    black srx tank (2).jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 26
  • srx billet (2).jpg
    srx billet (2).jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 37
  • srx clean (2).jpg
    srx clean (2).jpg
    312.8 KB · Views: 54
i had to wait on a few parts and my new seat so i pushed it to the side and will have to finish it later. here is a pic of what it looks like. i am putting a dual pod light on still have to find one.

Attachments

• black srx done (2).jpg
    black srx done (2).jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 37
today I found a dual headlight from craigslist and I have the cowl and thanks staggs65 for the windshield. it will be better with the double headlight a little brighter and look nicer.I already have the wiring harness set up for 2 35 watt bulbs. it is a 98 motor.will post when I have the pics. going to bring a seat for my guy so he can install my new smoked led taillight and put it all together.

Last edited:
here is apic of the chrome plated hood grills and the headlight still waiting on my seat to finish it up.

Attachments

• black srx done (2).jpg
    black srx done (2).jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 16
  • black srx grills (2).jpg
    black srx grills (2).jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 24
well the black srx is running and almost finished still waiting on custom seat to be done but it is ready to ride. here is a few pics i have of it. still no snow to test clutching or track.

Attachments

• black srx done blue (2).jpg
    black srx done blue (2).jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 38
  • black srx engine clutch (2).jpg
    black srx engine clutch (2).jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 42
  • black srx engine (2).jpg
    black srx engine (2).jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 41
here is two of my windshields one for cold weather other for looking good. that is carbon fiber 3d vinyl.

Attachments

• black srx outside front (2).jpg
    black srx outside front (2).jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 18
  • black srx outside chrome (2).jpg
    black srx outside chrome (2).jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 16
  • black srx carbon windshield top (2).jpg
    black srx carbon windshield top (2).jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 20
  • black srx carbon windshield (2).jpg
    black srx carbon windshield (2).jpg
    209 KB · Views: 15
  • black carbon look (2).jpg
    black carbon look (2).jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
here is a set of ohins i am going to put on this sled. i have a little bit of red accent on the sled so these should look nice.

Attachments

• black ohlins (2).jpg
    black ohlins (2).jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 19
  • black ohlins side (2).jpg
    black ohlins side (2).jpg
    327.2 KB · Views: 19
It's being made 3 weeks it is going to be all black with red stitch. And black tuning fork embroidered in the side. Also will be 1.5 inches higher and taper to 1 inch higher in the front .it will have a smoke led taillight in it.

I really like the look of carbon fiber on the shock cans, tell me where the stuff can be had at? I think I am going to copy you and do that to my clicker shock cans, should look right at home on Ol Darth. ;)!

BTW- I know you have a differnt steering pad on it already but since you mentioned the seat having red stitching, a cover from a 97 sx is black with red stitches, would match your seat cover. just an idea.

mrviper700 said:
I really like the look of carbon fiber on the shock cans, tell me where the stuff can be had at? I think I am going to copy you and do that to my clicker shock cans, should look right at home on Ol Darth. ;)!

BTW- I know you have a differnt steering pad on it already but since you mentioned the seat having red stitching, a cover from a 97 sx is black with red stitches, would match your seat cover. just an idea.
I have a roll of it I will give u some of it.it has a real look of carbon fiber.

yamahasrxman said:
Nice looking sled whats the trick to get tunnel so shiny do you strip the paint an buff it or do you have to wet sand an buff
just strip and buff. need something with good power.

here is my new seat i had made.

Attachments

• black srx seat.jpg
    black srx seat.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 15
  • black srx sear taillight.jpg
    black srx sear taillight.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 19
  • black srx seat done.jpg
    black srx seat done.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 15
  • black srx seat done (2).jpg